Ge Money - Hyderabad, India / GE Money Credit Card Payment

1 India Review updated:

I used my GE Money Credit Card for some purchase. Without fail we use to regularly pay their installments. On 9th January’2007 I planned full and final settlement for my GE Money Credit Card Payment. I prepared a cheque dated 9th January ‘2007 for the full & final payment and dropped in their drop box. T heir payment date was 17th January’2007. I put the cheque 8 days before their scheduled time. To my surprise they deposited the cheque in their account on 18th January’2007. One of their customer support executive called me and asked me for late payment fee of Rs. 350/-. We denied to pay the late fee because we paid all their dues much before their date. Till one year they were silent. On 26th September’2008, we received a legal notice from their Advocate stating that there is a balance of Rs. 3900/- which we need to pay within 3 days along with Rs. 1000/- as their legal notice charge to the advocate. I found from my experience, that it’s a clear cut case of cheating by GE Money, Hyderabad, India and harassment to the innocent customers. Please beware of such companies like GE Money and their product viz. GE Credit Card.

Comments

• Ka
      6th of Nov, 2008

I have a credit balance through Care Credit opened to pay for my son's dental bills. I was lied to by a representative in their "cycling Dept?" who said he would change my payment due date after I paid a late balance I did not owe. I had paid my bill monthly often paying more than the minimum balance because I wanted to pay off this loan. When I called him back to verify that my payment was made, I was put on hold for 1and 1/2 hours and then told that they never change due dates. Unfortunately I did not get the man's name. There is no direct phone number to this department. In the past i've been charged late fees because I sent in the payment one day before they told me I could pay it.