GE Appliances / incomplete website and ordering information

Chicago, IllinoisLouisville, United States

I had to purchase another canopy range hood and extension kit from a different manufacturer because the DE Profile one I purchased with the rest of my home appliances would not work. I was given information that was troubling from customer service and they would not return the original hood because it was beyond 30 days. I take issue with this because the website information was VERY incomplete and misleading. Resolution information was incorrect and a little condescending.

In retrospect, there was really no possible way for me to determine this hood was not 10' long unless I delved into the customer questions on the website, which is a lot of work on the part of the consumer to figure out that something is not what it says. I'd really just like to return the hood and kit for a refund (I bought over 8K in GE products) but am now going to have to try to sell it on Craigslist or something. This puts a really bad taste in my mouth about GE as a company. I agree that when ordering I was informed about the 30 day return but also feel as if there should be an exception when incorrect and/or incomplete information is presented by the manufacturer. I'll try to attach documentation to this complaint but would love to speak with someone in authority about it.

Lo