GE Appliances / incomplete website and ordering information
I had to purchase another canopy range hood and extension kit from a different manufacturer because the DE Profile one I purchased with the rest of my home appliances would not work. I was given information that was troubling from customer service and they would not return the original hood because it was beyond 30 days. I take issue with this because the website information was VERY incomplete and misleading. Resolution information was incorrect and a little condescending.
In retrospect, there was really no possible way for me to determine this hood was not 10' long unless I delved into the customer questions on the website, which is a lot of work on the part of the consumer to figure out that something is not what it says. I'd really just like to return the hood and kit for a refund (I bought over 8K in GE products) but am now going to have to try to sell it on Craigslist or something. This puts a really bad taste in my mouth about GE as a company. I agree that when ordering I was informed about the 30 day return but also feel as if there should be an exception when incorrect and/or incomplete information is presented by the manufacturer. I'll try to attach documentation to this complaint but would love to speak with someone in authority about it.
More GE Appliances Complaints & Reviews
- General Electric - class-action suit on refrigerator moisture! 
- GE Appliances - do not buy ge adora 
- General Electric - how a freezer door handle ends up being handled at the chairman's office level! 
- General Electric Company - Service Protection Plus - Extended Warranty Coverage
- General Electric - their service is equally abysmal 
- General Electric - dishwasher purchased in nov.
- General Electric Company - washer
- General Electric - new washing machine doesn't work 
- GE Appliances - home depot delivery of our ge stove
- General Electric - washer