GE Appliances / ge profile washing machine - model no. wpre6150k2wt
Purchased at a Home Depot on March 12, 2010. Over the past few weeks, it was leaving clothes too wet, soap residue was left on clothes over the past year or two, soap was not always draining out. In spite of shifting the loads evenly, the machine danced. I used the appropriate HE detergent.
Two days ago, the machine imploded. I found large pieces of metal and plastic at the bottom of the stainless steel bin. It must have entered through the water line? This machine is barely 7 years old.
We used to be loyal GE and Hotpoint customers. We had Hotpoint appliances that lasted us for 20 years! We replaced this with a different brand. We are gentle users as we are an older couple.
Yes, I saved the rock-like metal fragments. I have stained white clothing that I hope will wash clean when the new washing machine arrives.
More GE Appliances Complaints & Reviews
- General Electric - class-action suit on refrigerator moisture! 
- GE Appliances - do not buy ge adora 
- General Electric - how a freezer door handle ends up being handled at the chairman's office level! 
- General Electric Company - Service Protection Plus - Extended Warranty Coverage
- General Electric - their service is equally abysmal 
- General Electric - dishwasher purchased in nov.
- General Electric Company - washer
- General Electric - new washing machine doesn't work 
- GE Appliances - home depot delivery of our ge stove
- GE Appliances - incomplete website and ordering information