Gateway Computers / Gateway 420GR - what a hunk of junk!
We purchased our first computer, a Gateway, in 1998. It ran like a top. We were so pleased with it that when it came time to buy a new computer, we bought a second Gateway. What a mistake!
Since purchasing our Gateway 420GR in late December 2004, we have: Gone through two monitors. The first 17 inch flat screen LCD died less than two and one half months after purchase, and was replaced under warranty. The second died yesterday. Replaced the hard drive once. Had FOUR major crashes, all involving lost information because the back up discs which were burned on the computer failed. Our computer tech states they were not written correctly. He feels there is a fault in the burner that fails to write an ending code on the disc.
The one time I called tech support, I could not get an agent on the phone whom I could understand. I requested an agent who spoke English as their first language. That seemed to annoy them. Needless to say, I have not called Gateway tech support back.
I honestly cannot recommend anyone purchase a Gateway. It's a costly mistake that I will not make again.
More Gateway Computers Complaints & Reviews
- Gateway Computers - Computer Warranty and Repair 
- Gateway Computers - Bad service 
- Gateway Computers - Garbage Computer, Horrific Customer Service 
- Gateway Computers - Terrible company 
- Gateway Computers - Gateway had stolen over 200.00 of my refund 
- Gateway Computers - poor customer service/support 
- Gateway Computers - Huge mistake