Gate 1 Travel / Tour of Turkey
Turkey is such a wonderful country to visit, with its great cultural and historical assets.
Unfortunately, we chose the wrong company for this trip, because GATE1 TRAVEL delivers tours of very poor quality.
The hotel in Istanbul was old, poorly kept, and located in a seedy part of town.
In Izmir, the hotel was far from everything, so that we wasted a lot of time on public trasportation to go to town.
Some of the other hotels were mediocre at best.
To add insult to injury, we had to endure a tour guide who was anti-American, and spent the long hours on the bus putting down our values, our society, our way of living, and our people.
He even had the gall to make disparaging comments about Christianity.
All 34 passengers on the bus were American.
When we confronted him, the result was interminable arguments that only reinforced his intent to go on with his speeches.
The atmosphere on the bus was very uncomfortable, and some passengers were left with a bitter taste in their mouths at the end of the trip.
That was not what we paid for.
We will never again tour with GATE1 TRAVEL.
More Gate 1 Travel Complaints & Reviews
- Gate 1 Travel - Awful experience 
- Gate 1 Travel - Misreprentation
- Gate 1 Travel - Peru tour 
- Gate 1 Travel - Will never recommend 
- Gate 1 Travel - They provided a budget tour at a deluxe price 
- Gate 1 Travel - icelandair
- Gate 1 Travel - customer service
- Gate1 Travel aka Discovery Tours - reservation#1365735 
- Gate 1 Travel - customer loyalty counts for nothing 
- Gate 1 Travel - trip delay