Garden Ridge Christmas Tree / Rip Off

1 Woodruff RoadGreenville, SC, United States

On November 6th my mother my sister and I went drove for 1 1/2 hours to go to Garden Ridge to by Christmas trees. I purchased a 7' white lights tree my mother purchased a multi color same size style. On November 27th I started to put the tree up and the top was wobbly and the lights kept going out. I called my mother and asked her if her's did that no. I had seen her's over Thanksgiving and it looked great. After working all day I drive to Garden Ridge and I didn't have my reciept I had looked for it every where I just wanted an exchange. I spoke to a return clerk, front manager and "store manager" all kept saying NO to everything I wanted. Thery were out of that style tree, I could NOT get a credit put money with it and purchase another tree. I was NOT wanting a refund just a tree I explained to them the next 3 weeks I was VERY busy and that I just wanted a tree that worked. I was told to call customer service I called while standing in the store they told me to fill out the warranty card send it in and once registered they would send me replacement parts 7-10 days to get registration then 14 days for replacement parts. I told them I could not wait they then told me to return it to the store I said I'm in the store and they are telling me to call you. As things escalated I was told to leave the store I was drawing attention and upsetting other customers. I proceeded to put the tree together in front of the store to prove my point the "Manager" who then went to the back and brought back a new top and said she could get fired for doing this. The tree is still not "RIGHT" but I am going complete that warranty card and if takes until next December it will be "RIGHT". I would not buy a rubber band from Graden Ridge. NEVER AGAIN Buyer beware!!