Gap.com / Beware of Gap Online!

United States Review updated:
Gap Online Store - www.Gap.com

Gap Online has some of the WORST customer service EVER!!!

I recently placed an order for about $500. I requested a gift receipt because some of my items were gifts. Well, little did I know that if you ask for a gift receipt they will NOT send you your own receipt! So, I was left with $500 in merchandise and no receipt basically. I gave the gift receipt with the gift to my friend and now I am screwed. I called Online customer service and was told "Sorry, we cannot issue you a receipt!" I explained to them that they don't have the right to deny someone a receipt for items they paid for on their own credit card, but they did not care at all.

If I want to return or exchange anything the only recourse I have is to send it back to the online store (at my own expense) and get a store credit!! I cannot even do an exchange in store. That is a bunch of bull! The customer service supervisor could have cared less and just kept saying that I should not have requested a gift receipt! I have NEVER EVER had such poor customer service!!!!!!

Beware of Gap Online!!!
Va

Comments

Ci
  11th of Feb, 2014
They should have included a packing slip with the order which allows you to take the merchandise to your local Gap store for an exchange/refund. If the packing slip wasn't included, you can email them and request another via email.
Good luck!
Ve
  23rd of Oct, 2014
dear sirs,
upon my return to europe, i noticed tjat the goods i bought on sale, were fully charged!
a pity because each time i'm in the usa i buy in your shops, and was never charged if something was on sale for the fully amount.

Gap Logo Gap