Gander Mountain / gift card fraud

Beware gander mountain gift cards!!! I had a $100 gift card, made $75 of purchases, and when I went back a week later to use the rest they told me the card had zero $ left on it. I asked them what was bought with the last $25 because I didn't buy anything, but the store refused to prove me wrong. They just said you must have used it, and if you have a problem to call their customer service. I called the number but again they said they were not able to pull up what was bought with the fictitious $25 charge. I will never shop at gander mountain again... I'll use academy, bass pro shops, or cabelas before I ever use a store with such horrendous customer service.

Comments

• 53
      10th of Jul, 2011

I dropped my rifle off to have it drilled for a scope mount which I included.I was told 2 weeks which was fine with me.I waited a month and a half and went in was told it hadnt been done but would be don by next tuesday.I went in & it hadnt been touched & it took 15 minutes for him to find the mount when I asked for the gun back.I dont wast to hear its been busy if you are not going to service people on a timely basis quit wasting your customers time & stick to selling polar fleece !

• Dl
      21st of Jul, 2011
    Gander Mountain - Stay away
    Gander Mountain

I found two shirts that were a great bargain online. I ordered the shirts feeling happy to have found such a bargain. Deals like that help a lot toward making Christmas gifts more affordable. It takes time invested to find some of these deals. My order went through, then a few days later I get an email which in part reads:

" ...We apologize that the items you purchased have sold out. We have canceled your order and there were no charges to your card. We apologize for the inconvenience and are working on improvements to avoid this in the future..." There was no effort to compensate me me for my time and lost bargain. A coupon or similar clothing items for the same price would have gone a long way with me. The technology to prevent the kind of error they made is been available and I favor sites that use it. Once the purchase has been made online, it's a deal. It is not OK to reverse the deal on the customer who is counting on that great bargain without offering at a minimum a discount for their next order. I do realize these things happen and Gander Mountain did not purposely mean to let me down. I forgive the mistake although I am highly unlikely to shop there again.