Having problems with 1MiniMe?

1MiniMe Customer Service Contacts

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with 1MiniMe Customer Service. Initial 1MiniMe complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for 1MiniMe above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about 1MiniMe. Discuss the issues you have had with 1MiniMe and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

1MiniMebe careful

This website has a lot of things to be improved. it's hard to order something. When I try to submit the order it redirects me to the previous page and I have to do everything from the very start. When I finally ordered and got my order, I was disappointed, I expected to see a better quality and a better realization. Moreover, it took about 6-7 weeks to arrive which I consider too long.
I don't know what else can be said.
Just stay away and be careful ordering from them.

1MiniMeThey robbed me!

Beware! This company 1MiniMe (www.1minime.com) is a scam! No matter what you do just don't give them your credit card details and any of your personal information, avoid 1MiniMe like a plague!
    I've ordered three statues from this website over two months ago and did not receive anything yet! These scammers claim my order was shipped but when I asked for a tracking number they said they did not have one. Two months passed and I demanded a refund but they refused and said that it was no longer their responsibility! These scammers! Their fraudulent website should be investigated and shut down! They robbed me!

1MiniMe Bobblehead — Bobblehead Ripoff Scam

Do NOT order from this company. Save your money. I ordered a bobblehead for my husband's birthday. I...

1MiniMewill not fulfill order or respond

paid over $100 for a bobblehead...didn't look anything like the pictures I submitted and I wouldn't have them send it on to me...they now won't respond to my emails...one response was they no longer take messages from AOL addresses...save your money and go somewhere else...I learned my lesson...don't let yourself get taken like I did!!!

1 minimeservice & quality

I bought 2 Groupon deals and had trouble validating it from the start. The website was very deceiving about the quality of the actual finished product. You receive updates during the process and asked for comments but they were disregarded. There was definitely a language barrier since this work was being done in CHINA! I recently recieved my models (it was $40 shipping for each which was not shared when the Groupon was purchased). To say I was disappointed is a understatement! STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!! Find a AMERICAN COMPANY. Shame on Groupon for not checking this deal out more thoroughly!

1Minime - Bobble HeadHorrible Company/Customer Service/Customer Support

Horrible. Don't but anything from this company. I ordered a Bobble Head January 2012 for a wedding gift on June 2012. On April 25, 2012 I recieved an email from the company indicating "Order Rebuild." I emailed back wondering what was going on. Their support rep, Murielle stated that the first model was deformed. I then told her I needed this by the end of May. So, mid May comes along and nothing. I email Murielle for a status and she simply replies that the model will not be done in time. A few days later I then get an email to check the proof of painting. When I looked at the proof, it was a TOTALLY DIFFERENT PERSON. Who takes a damn picture and does not realize that the picture sent is an ASIAN guy and the model posed right next to it is a BLUE EYED WHITE guy!! I email Murielle once again about this...and it is now June 11, 2012 and still no product or even just a kind gesture that they are trying to actively look for it. This company is a JOKE! Sounds like there's a "Peggy" doing customer support.

Horrible Company/Customer Service/Customer Support

1MiniMeProduct

I bought a Groupon for a Bobble head in December 2017 and contacted the company to use it. I heard back from them in January that they wanted $28 for shipping and handling to be paid upfront. WOW !! What a rip-off. I paid it and finally in March they sent an email asking for approval of their work thus far. The picture was SOOO DARK I could not make out anything and I replied back to that effect. Then later they sent another email asking for approval for the next phase and this time, I was barely able to make out the features but for sure they looking NOTHING like me. I was fed up, having waited so long after being promised delivery in 6-8 weeks from order date that I called GROUPON for a refund. At this point, since MiniMe has no phone and never has answered any of my emails = Groupon gave me a private MiniMe email to David ( obviously Groupon is having alot of problems with this awful vendor ). I emailed him and demanded all of my money back. I then called Groupon and demanded my $30 Groupon back which they readily gave to me. As for MiniMe after weeks of haggling to get my Shipping and Handling $28, they agreed. Another 2 weeks went by and no money showed up so I had to email them again. This entire process has been a nightmare and not fun at all and I blame GROUPON for not choosing their vendors more carefully. As for MiniMe - I WOULD ADVISE YOU TO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!

Maria1577 Nov 10, 2013

Paid $200 for a custom bobblehead in July 2017, the proofs looked nothing like the pictures I sent, after countless denials I emailed and requested a refund only to be told no, but they offered a re-do for another $30. So I did it and I am still having the same problems...these "artists" don't know what they are doing and there is no solutions offered...this is so frustrating!

• Se
                Serbex Jan 04, 2013

I purchased a customized bobblehead from 1minime.com on 11/10/11 and finally received my product on 4/9/12. The "custom" doll was horrible -- it looked nothing like the photos submitted. The whole order was a process; they didn't follow the initial order request and refused to make changes during the approval phases -- they simply did as they liked and sent me the same photo each time instead of making the requested changes. After so many denials, they attempted to charge me an extra $15 to make the change I wanted, even though it was an error on their end. Customer service is a joke and they refuse to refund my money. Shameful company, horrible service and a terrible product.

1MiniMe BobbleheadMisrepresentation

My complaint is similar to most others - delivery was interminable and the product looked nothing like the image I submitted. I sent a photo of a 4-month old girl and the figurine (they sent a stationary figurine instead of the bobblehead as advertised on Groupon) looked like a 40-year-old transvestite. OK. Nothing special about poor workmanship. It happens.

My real issue is the bait-and-switch copy on their site. They promise: "We do not, like the majority of our competitors, outsource the management of the quality of our products." Great! I'm happy to support American businesses. When the figurine arrived at my door with a Chinese return address, I re-read the ad copy. And technically, they aren''t lying. They don't state they outsource the manufacture, just the "management of quality." Clever way to wriggle out of potential litigation, but the intentionality is obvious.

An amusing sidebar: When I sent a complaint e-mail, the response was written in horribly broken English - one sentence reads "We let customer follow the production of their minime so they can see during production how it's looking like." So they outsource the production and the customer service. Again, this is fine, unless you make the refusal to outsource your work a primary selling point.

The poor craftsmanship is reason enough to avoid 1Minime, but the company's outright dishonesty takes the cake.

• Jw
                  JWME May 02, 2012

1Minime is an awful company! I ordered my bobblehead dolls in early November! It is now May! 7 Months?! They sent me pictures of the dolls in January, and one looked nothing like the picture I sent. I requested a revision, they then sent me the same picture, I couldn't see that any revisions had even been made!! I am so angry that I chose this company. I spent close to $300. I have tried to demand a refund, but they sent an email back saying it should only be a few more days. That was one month ago. DO NOT give this company your business!!

• Mi
                  minime my ass! Mar 16, 2012

I ordered two bobbleheads through 1MiniMe. One bobblehead is a pretty good likeness of the photos I submitted. The other is not. They send photos of the clay sculpted head that you either approve or ask for revisions to be made. I did ask for revisions and the clay sculpted head looked pretty good. The next step is the painted head process. When I reviewed the photos, I knew something wasn't right, so I asked for the hair to be repainted. It was and I verified the head. When I received the bobblehead, it was not the same one that had been sculpted! I have proof because I printed the photos of the sculpted head, which I'm thankful for. They are no longer available on my account! I have sent emails back and forth daily with this company but they refuse to work with me, even though I have proof they painted and mailed the wrong bobblehead. Do not order from this company.

• Ca
                  Carrie 97220 Mar 07, 2012

TOTALLY AGREE!!! I too placed my order in October 2011 after seeing it on Groupon. I received pictures to approve of the head sculpture fairly quick. I have to tell you it was WAY off! When I asked them to fix the nose...which looked more like a beak...they sent me another pic a week later that was pointy and turned up at the end! Again nothing like a the pictures I sent! When I asked again to please look at the pictures i sent and fix thee nose i was asked to spend more money for unlimited fixes. That you are only aloud to adk for one fix otherwise. I feel like that should have been my first clue this was not going to go smoothly. You can not call for answers. Emails are only responded to when they feel like it. I spent about $150 for a gift for my sons coach. How disappointing that he will probably not eve be my sons coach when or if we get it! Its now March 7the. Still just getting excuses. Chinese New Year ...waiting on paint department...no answer back at all...this went from something i was sooo excited about to a complete headache!!! I regret this purchase for sure!!!

• Dp
                  d.peaslee Feb 18, 2012

Lies, lies, lies! This company is a scam!!! I would advise anyone to stay away from this company. I put in my order early December and can't even tell you how many excuses I have been given by now. At this time and point I doubt that I'll ever receive my order!

• Hm
                  hmy Feb 15, 2012

I ordered bobbleheads from 1MiniMe after reading about a deal that they had on Groupon. I was too late to get the groupon so I paid full price for my bobbleheads as the website looked very professional and reputable. Now I know that you can't base your decisions on solely on how a website is designed. The first problem occurred when I received my credit card bill and realized that I was charged an international fee when I ordered the bobbleheads. Nowhere on the website does it say that they are based out of Hong Kong and that the customer will be charged an international fee. The second, and main, problem is occurring right now. I ordered my bobbleheads around the end of October and it is now the middle of February and I still have not received anything. They claim that the bobbleheads take 8-12 weeks; obviously this is taking a lot longer than 12 weeks. They send pictures for review after each stage of bobblehead making, but I only received one picture, and that was for the first stage which was the head of the statue. It took so long that when I emailed them they said that they have had complaints about not receiving any sculpting status updates and that this has been happening alot since they moved to a new studio. First of all, if you're going to move to a new studio you should keep track of all the orders and not forget anything. Customers fuel your business and conveniently 'forgetting/losing' an order is not acceptable. It's been 3 months and the only part of the statue that I am sure is made is the head. At this rate, I feel like I will never get my statue and find it ridiculous that I have to constantly email them for an update; which is another thing. The only way to contact them is by email... I will say that they do respond fairly quickly but that does not outweigh all the cons. I will advise anyone that plans on using this company to steer clear and save your money and time. There are other companies that provide the same service with better results. Oh, and I almost forgot, I was told that they only have 1 sculptor...really????

1MiniMe — Bobblehead looks subhuman

Hey guys, sick of 1minime? I’M DOING EVERYTHING TO FIGHT 1MINIME. IF WE ALL PARTICIPATE, HOPEFULLY WE...

1MiniMeunwilling to work with me for return

I bought a groupon for 1 mini me bobble head statue. It didnt look like me when I got it. It takes you through phases that you have to approve and then moves on to the next phase. Well, I reluctently approved the sculpting phase, which you can't see too well because it's dark clay. The next phase was the painting and it looked nothing like me. I did not approve it and requeste a few changes. It then came back and looked exactly the same. I thot (stupid as I was) maybe I just can't see the changes well and it will look better in person. It came in the mail and was horrible. The head was not a very good bobble and the dress had chips out of it and it looked like someone else. Absolutly nothing like me. I bought it for my husband as a gift and he said it was horrible. He said send it back. I called them and stated my dislike and could we please get a refund or somthing like that. They said, "I'm sorry we can do nothing for you. I pled my case and they said we're sorry but can't do anything. They offered a 10% coupon on another order. HA! I said NEVER! I have to give this unfavorable review to let all who are considering this company to please change your mind. They will not work with you. You're just going to be out of luck and a lot of $$. I'm sending it back to them to put in their unhappy customer file. Thanks for listening...Horribly not satisfied customer...

• Sh
                    Shogun_STi Mar 22, 2012

I’M DOING EVERYTHING TO FIGHT 1MINIME. IF WE ALL PARTICIPATE, HOPEFULLY WE MIGHT GET SOME RESULTS!

This was my step-by-step procedure:
                    1. Contact Groupon to get a refund on your Groupon vouchers you used. They did refund me the full amount back to my credit card. Call them directly [protected] Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm CST

2. File a complaint through E-CONSUMER. Under https://econsumer.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/
                    Details to enter under “Your Complaint”:

Company phone: Country Code: HONG KONG- 852 Phone Number: [protected]

Type of Transaction: Other—Explain in comments field
                    Problem Encountered: Defective/Poor quality

Additional Comments (edit as you please, but this is what I wrote):
                    1minime claims itself as a company that produces self portrait customized bobbleheads of its customers. But it is forcing and manipulating customers to accept poor quality products -- the dolls DO NOT look like its customer’s submitted photos, and passing it off as 100% handmade.

It also claims that the user is able to comment and reject the sculptures until the user is 100% satisfied with the production. However, after the 5th modification, user is needed to pay another fee of $15 for further modification-- clearly manipulative of its terms.

From it's Facebook site: "1minime is selling handmade 3D statues of yourself, shipped directly to your door in 72H."

Ironically it has a clause
                    12.2
                    "Every modification requested by the customer will add 1 week to the delivery time. "

This has resulted in months of production time and most customers have not been receiving their orders. For the customers who have received their orders, their sculptures look significantly different and absolutely poorly produced. Contact with the merchant’s representative David Garneau ([email protected]) have resulted in rude customer service and he has refused a refund. Their conduct of business has been misleading and unethical, leaving customers with substandard service and products.

3. DISPUTE A TRANSACTION IN PAYPAL OR CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY. Paypal won't accept disputes after 45 days, but it at least records a log. So if enough of us do this, it will get noticed!
                    For Paypal Resolution centre: https://www.paypal.com/ca/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_complaint-view&nav=0.4

Enter the same details as above, edit if necessary!

• Pi
                    pilatesgirl Mar 16, 2012

I found 1minime to be totally unhelpful as well. I waited 14 weeks for mine that was a gift for my boss and when I got it, it looked nothing like him. No luck with customer service. Waste of money, lack of customer service and seems more interested in giving their artists "time off" than actually doing good work. Too bad others have had a bad experience as well...

1MiniMeTotal waste of money

I purchased my minime back on 11/12/2011. The first modeling proof looked nothing like the pictures that i submitted to the company. I rejected it and told them what needed to be changed. The second time around it looked slightly better so I went ahead and approved it. This was back in December. I hadn't heard anything back from them. I contacted them in January just to be told things were delayed because of the Chinese holiday. February rolled around and still nothing. I contacted them again and was informed they would rush my order and just wait a couple more days. Two weeks past and I still hadn't seen my painted head proof. I e-mailed them a third time and finally got my proof today 02/21/12. Only problem is it looks absolutely nothing like the pictures I sent them. It almost looks like they redid the clay head! I compared it to the previous clay head model that I approved and there were significant differences between the two! I was so fed up at this point I just approved the painting just so I can get this whole ordeal over with. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!! COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY!!

1MiniMeProduct Never Completed or Delivered

I bought the Groupon for $30 ($60 value) and then paid an extra $63 on top of that for the item and shipping. The item was supposed to be delivered between 8-12 weeks; I planned it as a Christmas gift, but figured if it didn't arrive by then, I'd maybe just wrap the final picture I'd received and give the real thing a few days later. However, after 12/23, I received no updates (it's now 2/19, so two months later), and each time I email them to ask for status, they say they have no idea, the artists are on vacation, etc, and I should just keep waiting. I asked for a refund, and they refuse. It's been almost 4 months since I placed my order, and I still have no idea when or if I'm going to receive the item.

Dima Faris May 10, 2012

They refunded my order finally! But not a full refund.. I had to pay for them and for paypal as they said it can on, y be refunded through paypal!!

disgusted23 May 10, 2012

This company is taking money without providing the merchandise. I have been trying to get my money refunded since February for an order made in December 2011. So far PayPal and Discover have been useless saying that because 1MiniMe sent them an email saying they were waiting to hear from me, both companies closed the dispute and say they cannot reopen it. Apparently 1Minime is aware of how credit card companies and Paypal work and simply try to string you along until such time that your ability to dispute has past.

Dima Faris Feb 26, 2012

I am facing the same problem with them!! I submitted my order beginning of November for my sister's birthday in first week of December, till now I didn't get my order delivered. I paid full amount (USD $370) for my product.. and I am really worried now as they keep telling me it's still in production phase. I only validated the first stage. Till now they still didn't paint it or finalize it. How can I have this Issue escelated.. or to who?

1Minime.com Bobblehead Statuehorrible waste of $$

this company is awful- I ordered 4 statues 12/10/11- I get an email today 1/15/12 saying everyone is on holiday until 1/30/12- I received 2 updates of what the "artists" have done and they looked NOTHING like the pictures I sent. I most likely will not receive these "christmas" gifts until May.

jaylgeed Feb 08, 2012

I would like to second what Pammy73 said. My husband and I both ordered a bobblehead each on the same day. He received his time (it looked NOTHING like what he ordered) and I'm still waiting on mine (outside of the 12 week PROMISED delivery date). I'd like to also add that my bobblehead looks NOTHING like the photo I sent either. This company is in another country and doesn't tell you that. Please order from another company! I also got the excuse "our painters are on holiday". When asked what they would do since they didn't meet their deadline, they just let you know they'll try to put a rush on it. WELL, THANKS AS IT'S BEEN 14 WEEKS ALREADY!

• Pa
                          Pammy73 Jan 19, 2012

I ordered a statue in October, never received an artist's update, was shipped the product Dec 15 and when I received it I was horrified
                          they completely screwed up on his hair, and they made the statue appear 20 years older than the real person. to make matters worse I have contacted them 3-4 times since receiving the bobblehead and they won't respond. This was supposed to be a christmas present for my husband but I was embarrassed to give it to him. I may take the matter to paypal and get my money back.

1MiniMeHORRIBLE SERVICE

I paid $100 to get a custom bobblehead made by this company. I paid extra to have unlimited contact during the building of the bobblehead. It is VERY difficult to communicate with the artists as they are in hong kong and do not understand english. I was having a problem with the molding stage and the artists would not send me a picture of the rear of the head, and after several attempts they just pushed the order ahead without my approval. I emailed the "customer service" several times and they refuse to take responsibility for anything. They just told me they "hope I understand" why the order was pushed ahead without my consent. BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY!!!

• Af
                            afitch303 Dec 03, 2015

This company is terrible. I wish I would have read these comments before spending over $100 for what I wanted to be a Christmas present. But after weeks and weeks and multiple emails and complaints, I have nothing to show. I wish I could hunt this company down and physically get my money back right after punching the owner in the face.

MayMarie May 07, 2012

All the people here are correct this company is horrible. There is no communication and your request for modifications are ignored its like they dont even read what you want your bobblehead to look like. Dont bother with them especially if you want a fully customized bobblehead. Actually dont bother at all this company is horrible. I will be contacting groupon to complain.

• Mu
                            Mulligan Feb 03, 2012

I too, have had HUGE problems with this company! I purchased a deal through Groupon for a birthday gift for my nephew. Sent my photos in and got my first sculpture "proof". It looked NOTHING like the photo I sent!

After 8 (stressful) rounds of looking a sculpture proofs, and having huge of communication issues with the company. I finally approved the first stage and then received a proof of the painted bobble. I was flabberghasted! It looked NOTHING like what I approved in the last proof! I sent numerous e-mails trying to get an answer as to what went wrong, I was getting no where. The only response I was getting was form e-mails, not addressing the issue.

I contacted Groupon, who sent me an e-mail for their contact, that was supposed to speak English. He only had basic English and I was still getting no where. I was eventually sent an email stating that "the artists have full artistic discretion, and in no way does the sculpture have to resemble the photo". WHAT, isn't the whole point to get a end result that looks like YOU (or the person in the photo)!

After complaining to Groupon, the refunded the money I paid them, luckily!

I informed my contact at 1MiniMe that I would like to cancel my order, after more arguing back and forth they finally agreed to refund the rest of my purchase, with a 25% restocking fee. I agreed, happy to get anything back. They said it would take 10 days to refund. Weeks went by, no refund. So once again, I contacted 1MiniMe asking about my refund. They THEN tell me the refund has to go through my PayPal account. I tried to explain to them I did not pay by PayPal, but by credit card.

Currently I am still arguing back and forth, as they are refusing to put the purchase back on my credit card, or send a cheque, and I am refusing to open a PayPal account.

My nephew's birthday is in 2 days, and I have NO gift and NO refund from 1MiniMe! I initially made my order in October, and it is now February!

I don't give a crap any more if I get my refund, it is WAY too frustrating dealing with the lack of English and the lack of customer service. BEWARE of this company, DO NOT waste your time, money or SANITY! What a joke! DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

• Ys
                            YSLin Jan 18, 2012

I wish I saw your complaint before I have anything to do with this company. They are horrible, improfessional! after submitting my order, they sent an email saying there will be 15 extra days delay for Chinese new year. I replied and said they should inform us BEFORE the order, guess what they reply? an article of discliamer, basically saying there's nothing we can do about the "production time", as customers, we just have to suck up and wait. What kind of customer service answers questions with a discliamer!? the kind that don't give a fxxk!! oh i'm so pissed!!! NEVER AGAIN

• De
                            denisey48 Jan 09, 2012

I am having similar problems. I just refused the face molding stage, as it doesn't look anything like the pictures I have sent in. Also contacted customer service, no response yet. Will see what happens next...

1MiniMe — Order Not Received

In June this year, I bought a voucher from Groupon I want to let you know about the problems I have been...

1minime.com — worse ever service and product

NEVER EVER buy this products! figurines are non personolized! I received worse ever bad quality dolls who...