GameStores.co.za / bad service and false advertising

1 South Africa Review updated:

Game stores secunda in south africa advertised a 6 seater steel patio set on promotion from 25/09/2008 until 28/09/2008. On 24/09/2008 i confirmed that they recieve stock on this specific item on 25/09/2008. On 25/09/2008 i went to them after work just to find that they close at 17hoo. I went back on friday. For a while i had to walk around to find someone who could help me. After finally getting hold of someone to help me, is was informed that they don't have the cusions advertised in their pamflet in stock. Then after settling for other cussions, they informed me that they don't have the table in stock and even though they advertise in there pamflet that they do order if out of stock, they could not order it for me. We contacted head office and i was promised better service and that i would recieve the specific patio set on 30/09/2008. On the promised date we were contacted and informed that the set was at game stores secunda. Got there at 11h00. Specifically asked for petrus who was not there. I waited for 1.5 hours to get someone to at least try to help me. Finally i asked for the manager. It came to my attention that petrus was the floor manager. Eventually petrus pitched and just before i wanted to pay, i realised that the item they "ordered" for me was in fact the smaller 4 seater set that i did not wanted. The same size table was advertised in the following weeks pamflet again, but just with different chairs. Petrus informed me that he did not have this size table in stock. Thus false advertising again. This was the most horrific experience in my life. It was the worst service ever.

Comments

• So
      16th of Aug, 2018

20th of Aug, 2018
    Game Stores South Africa / Game.co.za - Logic laminator
    Clearwater
    South Africa

Returned product that is faulty. Product was on promotion and was sold with incorrect pouches. All that was asked was for a new unit. The sales person at customer service said to a colleague an me that i do not know how to use it. Ongoing excuses have been made as service was absolutely poor.

• Na
    Game Stores South Africa / Game.co.za - defy chest freezer
    cape town
    South Africa

I ordered it online 2 weeks ago with a promise it will be delivered 3 to 5 days and still no delivery.
    i contacted the call centre but nobody answers and I sent numerous emails but no reply .

i have sent today 10 emails and still no response.
    i was waiting for them to answer for 30 minutes but no response.

i have given extra expenses out

• Za
      1st of Sep, 2018
    Game Stores South Africa / Game.co.za - MAINSTAYS Cutlery Set. Pieces missing from the set, teaspoons
    eastgate
    South Africa

I bought this set as a gift for my daughter that got married and to my dismay, finds out when I pay them a visit that not all the cutlery pieces are included.

The bottle has not been tampered with and yet there are no teaspoons included. I even double checked and find this absolutely horrific.

• He
    Game Stores South Africa / Game.co.za - TV
    Online
    game.co.za

I bought a TV online on November 24th, 2017
    Payment was seamless but still haven't received TV. Hours of phone calls that go unanswered and when you do get through they cut you off. No response to emails etc. What can I do? Now that they have my money they are just ignoring me.