Gamestop / phoney charges

1 CT, United States Review updated:

I ordered a game on the website and was automatically enetred into a travel service which charged 10.00 per month. This service never once contacted me, sent me information and or provided any serive what so ever other than charge me 10.00 using a name very much like American Express travel service. Total scam plus Gamestop knows all about it. I called and asked why they would give my credit card infromation out to this shell company? Also I asked why on their order form would they attach a totally unrelated service while buying computer games. They said to hold on and they would give me the number to call to get out of the service, put me on hold and then disconncted me three times, seems they are totally in on the scam and must be geting a kickback from this shell company. Why would any reputable company attach a scam charge on their own company order form and website unless they know what a scam they are as a whole. Do not do business with these crooks they probably make more money scaming their own customers than selling products to them. Do not be fooled by the size of the chain it is built on nothing, just like Madoff looks real but is nothing but a company looking to rip off their own customers.

Comments

• Fo
      27th of Sep, 2009

I don't know anything about the company's website, but I can tell you most companies in general sell your information to third party companies, and most times, you agree to do it, whether you realized it or not. Pizza Hut is another one. Always read the fine print, and be careful where you use your credit card online. Gamestop has nothing to do with the charge, you need to call the other company and have yourself removed. The corporation probably gets a small fee for selling your information to other companies, but I can promise you no one below a CEO level probably sees that money.