Galahotels.com / online hotel booking
I confirm the many testimonies (52) on the Complaints Board Website that Gala Hotels.com is a cybercriminal company to be absolutely avoided. During this New Year 2019 week-end, I have been stolen 813 euros by Gala Hotels.com. Their trick is to record a reservation for you in a hotel (in my case, it was a hotel in Amsterdam for three nights) with conditions "prepaid-nonrefundable", which means that your credit card is immediately charged. In order to attract you into their deal, they propose as a complement a so-called insurance (to be paid in addition) for the case you would need cancellation of the trip. They book for you the reservation via an intermediary webbooking company: in my case, I discovered later that it had been made via WebBeds-JacTravel-TotalStay. You can thus check with the hotel that the reservation has been made. However, as soon as they have received the money paid via your credit card, they ask Webbeds to cancel the reservation without informing you. You thus find no room reserved for you when you arrive at the hotel. When hotel desk managers ask Webbeds for the reason of the cancellation, the answer of WebBeds is "because of bankrupcy of their customer" (who was obviously secretely acting for GalaHotels) to whom they had sold the reservation. This is fully fake:
everybody can check that Gala Hotels.com is still active on the internet.
Back from my trip in Amsterdam, I discovered that, on diverse traveller forums, many customers have warned against Gala Hotels already since several years. This system based on a purely fraudulous chain is thus known since a long time but it seems that nobody has succeeded in (or has made real effort to) stopping it. It appears to me that the following companies deserve to be condemned as acomplices of Gala Hotels because they are continuing to gain money from Gala Hotels throughout the fraudulous chain:
- WebBeds-JacTravel-TotalStay certainly knows since long that Gala Hotels is using them in the chain. They should be able to prevent the system if they properly check the identity of the customers to which they sell hotel reservations.
- Credit Card companies should know since several year that some of their customers have been cheated by Gala Hotel. Since long, they should have blocked all transfers of money toward Gala Hotel.
- Google is still offering prime visibility to Gala Hotels on the websearh pages (everybody can check) because Gala Hotels is paying Google for obtaining that visibility. Can Google be allowed to promote any activity, even purely criminal, on the simple condition to be paid for visibility in Google search engines ?
More Galahotels.com Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Galahotels.com - fake booking website 
- Hotel Collect / Gala Hotels - scam 
- Galahotels.com - fraudulent company 
- Gala Hotels - hotel booking frauds 
- Galahotels - fake booking 
- Gala Hotels - scam / refund demand
- Gala Hotels - unethical behaviour 
- Gala Hotels - hotel booking
- Gala Hotels - fake reservation
- Gala Hotels - took our money for a hotel booking but didn’t pass it on.