GA POWER / Abusive Monopoly High Prices

Jul 3, 2015
GA Power
I agree with all of these comments and it is amazing to me how so many of us are being taken advantage of by these crooks. My position is what are we going to do about it? I work for the county and do not get paid a lot. I live by myself and I pay close to $200 per month and it continues to increase. I looked a t the bill and we are not only paying for electric usage we are also paying for other causes. Look at your bill and you will see. Let me give all of you a run down. This was for the billing period from May 3, 2015 - June 2, 2015. *Current Services-$169.75*Environmental Compliance Cost-$12.51*Nuclear Construction Cost Recovery-$10.79*Municipal Franchise Fee-$5.67*Sales Tax-$13.92 - Total Bill- $212.64. What in the world is going on? This is abusive, unethical, and unscrupulous. First of all I am living by myself so how is my bill $169.75 in the first place and how is it that they want me to go from the $167.75 charges to paying $212.64? That brings me to my next point, why are consumers being forced to deal with such a treacherous company? Why is the government forcing us to do business with monopoly that does not care about the welfare of consumers? We continue to give and give and pay and pay and they continue to take and take and take. Enough is enough and something has to be done about this. When I dealt with Jackson EMC I never had to worry about these issues. As consumers we should be able to select the type of company we want to deal with, we should be able to choose our electric company. The way I look at it if you do not stand for a good cause, if you do not stand for something you will fall for anything. These prices and bad practices by GA Power must stop. As consumers we cannot continue to carry this heavy load. It is time for a petition against GA Power.

More GA POWER Complaints & Reviews