Future Shop / extended warranty

1 1200 talwood crt.Peterborough, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 705 742 5010

in may 2007 i bought a brand new compaq presario from future shop in Peterborough ont., the sales man who sold me the computer also sold me a brand new video card and power supply. i was told when i bought them that they were the best you could buy. i was also told that i had full covergae and warranty on the computer and all accessories i bought. on monday oct 13 2008 i turned on my computer only to find that it would not work, i brought it to the store and asked the technician what was wrong with it, he told me that my video card was fried and he even questioned why i was sold this video card, he said that it was not good qualty at all, i want to know why i was sold an ainferior product in the first place, why i was told that it was the "best" they had to offer, and why i spent $140.00 on a piece of ### that was fried after a year and a half, i am still paying for this computer on a payment plan, and i find absolutely ridiculous that am now paying for something that i won't even use. i will never walk into another future shop store anywhere and the second i am done paying off the computer i plan on throwing out the card. the store representatives and associates offered me nothing to help except spending another $200.00 on a ne video card, i am very dissapointed and upset about the way i was used for my money and if at all possible i would like to speak to someone in a position of more authority at the store.

Comments

• Kr
      17th of Oct, 2008

Dated: Oct17, 2008
    Extended Warranty another way to Rob people
    Jul01, 2007 I purchased HP TX1110 Laptop from Future shop Yonge/ Dundus for $2300 for my daughter as gift as she was going to U of T. With manufacturer warranty, I purchased extended warranty for $299 with the understanding as explained by sales person that if there will be a major repair future shop will replace with new system. After 5 months system suddenly shut off. I took laptop and warranty card to future shop as it was within the manufacturer and extended warranty. I explained what happened with system and asked technician if it is a major issue? He said nothing serious and sends it to the lab for repair. When I received the laptop and when I asked for repair work I was extremely surprised to see that every thing in the computer like hard drive, mother board etc. were changed. I ask for the replacement from the management since it was major repair and this major repair done without my notice. Management not honoring the warranty they said that since computer is repaired and if this happen again then they will replace it. Since this repair laptop was never the same and then recently crashed again. My daughter went back and requested technician that this has happened 2nd time now within 6 month period and as per warranty please replace it with new. Technician at the time said to my daughter that laptop needs to be repaired 4 times before it is replaced (against the warranty commitment) and once again they send it to the lab. This shocked every one as it is clear violation of contract. I called and spoke with technical department manager he said that he can’t do anything. I tried to speak with store manager could not get hold of him for 3 days. I left 20 messages and each time I was told that either busy or have gone home. Finally when I got him he simply refuses to replace and just offered $50 store gift card. The customer treatment that I have received from future shop was and is totally unethical and against the norms of Customer Care. At the time of sale every one wanted the sale but as soon as I went with issue every one was giving cold shoulder. I spent $2300 to have peace of mind but what I got? This piece of crap. I have exhausted my all efforts and what I got is frustration. I have refused to collect my laptop from Future shop. I purchased this laptop from my scarce income to gift it to my daughter so she can do her assignments. Her time has been wasted. She has to go to library for work and her time is extremely important. I can’t afford to buy another computer as I have a full family to support. For the resolution of my problem I will be knocking the door of small claims court to see if I can get my money back or a new laptop. I would suggest to every one going through this problem to contact local small claims court and media to bring this issue to surface and save the public from these cheaters. It is our right to get maximum benefit from our money. Sales person should disclose pros and cons so customer can make informed decision. People work on commission in these organizations & they don't care as long as they sell and make money. This attitude needs to be eliminated from fair dealing. Please do not suffer, think that we are source of their income and if they don't treat us right, so what you think? do we need to do business with them? ... Come forward folks and lets take it to them.

• El
      27th of Jan, 2010

did you try consumer protection?