funtonia.com / Rip off

Dont use this site for ringtones. there is no contact number for them just a website. so no refunds are easy. The ringtones dont even download onto your cellphone. they automatically charge you 23.88 for a year subscription when thats not what you want. why should i pay 23.88 for something that doesnt work?!

I have tried to contact them 10 times for refund the just keep sending me a email for tech support, i dont want support for my phone, i want my money back. still searching for contact number, talked to my lawyer etc..

Ma

Comments

• Sh
      17th of Sep, 2010

im haveing the same promble with them they took out 23.88 out of my account to im trying to get it back. i gusse i will have to contract a lawery to get them for fruad

• Wl
      6th of Oct, 2010

I have used Funtonia for YEARS (and no I am not affiliated with them in anyway). I had a subscription to their service for about 3 years or less and used it for my Blackberry Curve(s) over the years.

They are NOT a scam. I can understand how pissed people get when they pay a flat fee and then it doesn't work on THEIR phone, but I've downloaded hundreds of ringtones, many wallpapers, and even changed the 3 maximum numbers you are allowed to send them to all on the same paid account at once (you are allowed to list three different numbers and carriers and send them to whichever you want and when you want to change them, you just edit your profile).

Meaning not only did I get tons of songs that you can't find anywhere else (like obscure Tool, Deftones, and even Prodigy songs) but I could do my friends a favor and plug in their number, send them a few, and then switch it back.

Granted, sometimes the downloads don't send properly, but since it's a one time fee, you just log out and back in and go to your "downloads" page and resend the ringtone a few times.

I HAVE had issues where I sent myself like 10 tones ...waited and waited...and then they didn't show up for like 5 hours...but they still showed up. And like I said...you already paid, so you just resend them as many times as you need to if they don't go through either because of their server...or YOUR phone/service.

They arrive *typically* as an MMS and all you do is click the download and choose to "open file" or "save file". You let it download to your phone and then it will show up in your ringtones or your MP3 player depending on your phone.

If it doesn't work the first time (ie: doesn't show up in your tones) just restart your phone and wait a bit and it often magically appears in your tones list later on.

It's not perfect, but they really DO have a great selection and allow you to send yourself a lot of tones for the price.

I wouldn't at all say they are a scam since other sites put up pop up windows that say "FREE!" and then just add the charges to your phone bill without mentioning it.

At least Funtonia makes it clear that you will pay a one time fee for a year or 6 months or whatever it is now.

I was actually really impressed by their site, so don't jump the gun.