FTD Flowers.com / False Advertising/No Accountability

Posted:   User
FTD Flowers
www.ftd.com
I will never use FTD again. Simply put, if they do not hold their florists accountable, then they clearly do not need my business/money. I ordered a Mother's Day bouquet ("Dreamland Pink Bouquet" consisting of pink roses and peruvian lillies) this year, and had the option of 3 different price point arrangements: 14 stems with vase at $39.99, 20 stems with vase at $49.99, and 26 stems with vase at $59.99. After shipping and handling charges, the total for the order came to $90.98. I decided to go big and get the nicest, most expensive arrangment for my Mom. The photo depictions of the arrangements on their website show how each bouquet SHOULD look. Needless to say, when the flowers were delivered to my Mom's house, I was extremely disappointed and angry. The photos attached show what the arrangement was supposed to look like, and of course, the weak flowers that were actually delivered. After contacting FTD, they asked if the stem count was correct (which it was), and then explained that they could not verify nor hold the florist they used to locally arrange and deliver the flowers accountable. For $90.98, I would hope that I was getting what paid for... I guess not. And that is that, I will never again use FTD, and will encourage others to send their business to 1800flowers.com (who have always been spot on with my past orders) or other businesses that actually give a hoot about their customers.

FTD Flowers.comFTD Flowers.com

Complaint comments Comments (3)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category E-Shopping

Comments

A  9th of Feb, 2018 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
Yes this totally true! I just ordered and first they called to say the vendor called to say they stopped delivery early today. They would refund half the delivery charge and deliver tomorrow. They called me again to say the vendor called to say no delivery on Saturday. I asked for my money back. They said not once, nah, not twice, nah, not thrice, this is getting stupid they did it like seven or eight times, insisting I should take a store credit more than the value I was charged for the product I ordered. They explained how I can use this credit for a later purchase some where else. I said no and they said it would be five days until the charge will actually reverse, so I guess extortion still is a thing in a way. I got curious so I called all the stores in the town I was ordering for and they were still open. None of them deliver or work with flowers.com. How could they offer me business they had no access to. It seems to me that FTD companies are just successful brand based drop shippers and not part of a legit sales chain. They are middlemen and very bad ones at that.
D  9th of Feb, 2018 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
I have to disagree though 1-800 Flowers is just as bad, if not worse.
N  9th of Feb, 2018 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
Today I have two returns in play not deliveries like I ordered. Both are for a small town in Louisiana. One from FTD who were courteous, sales oriented, and motivated. The other from 1800Flowers who were bad reception, they called with the most confusing responses that seemed like they were testing me for my reaction, and they tried the same return as credit scheme the other company did. Is that business or even competition. Nah, that is just two criminal business organizations fighting over some scraps of a no longer defended american economic system.

I was expected flowers for a loved one today, but now all I can wonder is where do they now dispense the good hard justice or does that still happen?

Pl Please check text spelling before submitting a comment
Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree