Frontier Communications / internet and billing

1 United States

I have no specific dates of interrupted service. It's been going on since we began services over 20 years ago.
Internet is very sporadic. Sometimes it works, sometimes it won't. It doesn't matter what time of day it is either. We have been without service sometimes for days, sometimes for a day, sometimes for hours or it will cut in and out. There are times that it works fine. The time of day does not seem to matter, however.
I have submitted payment for my bill to be withdrawn on a certain day then receive a double bill the following month with late fees on it. There is no confirmation once payment is scheduled or no place to look on the frontier site showing a scheduled payment so a customer has to wait to see if it gets processed. This means I have to follow up to make sure Frontier has done their job. Somehow this doesn't seem right for the customer.
When trying to contact Frontier with an issue options are limited. I can call or live chat which both had long wait times, no email support which seems weird to me. Once I've reached say tech support for internet issues, I can expect to be on the phone for another 30-60 minutes "Troubleshooting" which comes up with them wanting to send out a repair person which does not find anything wrong.
To my disadvantage, Frontier seems to be the only game in town that reaches my resident without paying for more equipment.
Frontier's price seems a bit unfair for the services rendered none the less.
After paying Frontier for inadequate services and spending extra time attempting to work out issues I am going to continue looking for other options for sure.

Ca