Frontier Airlines / refusal of service

1 United States

I would not even give Frontier Airlines a single star on a rating scale for good service---they refused to let my daughter board a place in Costa Rica, though she arrived at the airport over 1 1/2 hours pre-flight...over the course of the next 48 hours, they told me that in order to get her home, I'd have to purchase tickets with another airline, so I spent $962 on two one-way tickets...the next day, my daughter suddenly called me from Denver, saying that Frontier had let her on the plane out of Costa Rica at the last second. Since she couldn't call me before she boarded, I had to cancel the emergency tickets I had bought the day before at the last minute, and it was so close to the boarding time for that flight out of Costa Rica, that I can't get any type of compensation from that airline...So, I'm out $962, plus an extra night in a hotel in Costa Rica at $100, plus the added food expenses down there, plus the extra airport parking fees for my car. Frontier cost me over $1000 extra and I have contacted Frontier and the Better Business Bureau. I won't stop there either--they royally screwed us!! I will never fly that airline again.