From You Flowers / horrible service

1 Old Saybrook, CT, United States Review updated:

I ordered Flowers from this half a@# company for mothers day.
I ordered them on a Thursday to have them delivered on Friday. No Flowers! I got an email stating that they couldn't find a florist and they would upgrade the order. They ungraded it alright, and they charged me twice. It is now Monday and no mothers day flowers!
I called again and they had no idea where the flowers were.
Do Not do business with this company. Bad day or not, they fumbled on trying to win me back.

Bi

Comments

23rd of Oct, 2008

I ordered from this company because they promised Sunday delivery for my mother's 80th birthday. On Sunday they called and said that, due to unforeseen circumstances, they could not deliver the flower on Sunday. They asked what time would be best for Monday and I said it had to be before noon. The flowers were delivered Monday NIGHT, with the deliverer simply saying they were busy. When I contacted Fromyou Flowers they offered to refund the expedited fee - the fee charged for Sunday delivery! What gall. My advice is to steer clear of these idiots.

• De
      30th of Nov, 2008

I had the same exact problem with them. My mom and sister lost their mom, brother, and sister in the past 5 months. I wanted same day service so I ordered flowers for both of them for the day before Thanksgiving. My Aunt received hers on Thanksgiving which ticked me off. When I called they said they would give me the same day fee back. Whoopdee-freakin-do. I didn't want them to be Thanksgiving flowers. It was for cheering them up before the holidays. Then they said they would take off 20%. I said fine. Still don't see it.
    Then I'm told that on Friday morning at 9 am they woke my mom up and gave her the flowers. She said how beautiful they were. Then signed for them. Well, MY MOM is still waiting for her flowers and a neighbor received flowers from me. They had the nerve to ask if I'm sure if she received it or not! I yelled wouldn't you call the person giving you flowers and say thank you? And NO she didn't get them yet. I asked her on Thanksgiving AND I was over there and NO there were no flowers.
    I am sooooo mad about this that I want to scream. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE PEOPLE!
    They don't want to help at all. They won't even give you the name of the florist that was used.

• Ha
      15th of Feb, 2010

This company sucks to say the least! I ordered Valentine's flowers with a Teddy bear and minus the chocolates, which they asked if you wanted the Teddy and chocolates or just the Teddy bear. Of course I got the flowers only which some of the rose bush was dead and NO TEDDY BEAR. After dealing with them all day they tell me that I didn't order with the Teddy bear. I told them to check out their website and see that it was with a Teddy bear! Then asked for a supervisor and of course there was no supervisor to talk too. I paid 33.98 for a 2" rose bush...this company really does SUCK... I highly suggest that you NEVER place an order with these people- they are obivously not concerned about their customers complaints.

• Br
      22nd of Feb, 2010
    Fromyouflowers.com - Don't use them
    Fromyouflowers.com

I order flowers for my fathers memorial service on 2/21/10 to be delivered by noon. I got a phone call from the company saying they could not deliver the order at the same time the service was starting.

Because of this short notice I had no other way to order flowers for the service because of the late notification.

The company only apologized for the nondelivery and said they would refund my money.

This company was negligence in for filling their contractual obligation and their response was an apology and refund. An apology and refund did not rectify the problem. They should of notified me in time to use a company that could of delivers the arrangement in time.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY - THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS.

11th of Mar, 2010

Stay away from this company. They screwed up my order twice. They advertise on our Seimens Corporate discount page and they have no qualtity procedures in place. I spoke to a supervisor and she did not know what qualtity procedure even were and her supervison did not want to answer the question. He did not see the revelance. I then reminded him that as an employee I had no choice but to turn them in to our ethics committee. This company basically does not care about the customer.
    They acutually had their vendor in Conn. send an arrangement that was not even on their web page, it was the cheapest flower arrangement I have ever seen. Not even close to what they advertised on their site.

I never dreamed I would be embarased for a flora arrangement I sent to someone I cared about.

• Be
      18th of Mar, 2010

I agree with everyone this company sucks! I ordered flowers for my girlfriends birthday weeks in advance & the day before they email me with a UPS tracking number.. I would of NEVER ordered flowers that came in a box and it's pretty much do it yourself. As soon as I received that email I called the 800 number & the two people I spoke to said yes they will cancel the order and in the morning I went back into my email account and notice it said out for delivery. I called back to the 800 number and spoke with a new person she told me it was too late to cancel the order because it was out for delivery & if the person receiving the flowers refuses the flowers I wouldn't get refunded anything anyways. I had already place a new order with a new company because I was told it would be cancelled. This company really has no consideration for their customers at all! I will NEVER order from this company again

• Me
      30th of Mar, 2010

My brother passed away and we had his funeral on March 19 & 20th of this year. I saw that this company had a very nice arrangement with a Jesus statue in the middle of it, so I ordered it to be delivered to the funeral home on the 19th before noon. Needless to say, it never did. No phone call, no voicemail about the status. At 12:35pm, I called to find out why the arrangement wasn’t there. I was told that they were having a hard time finding the Jesus statue. When I asked why no one has called me to give me an update about it, the guy on the phone said he would have someone who's working on the arrangement call me within the hour to give me an update...never did.

I called back at 1:40, went through the whole story, this new guy told me the same thing, apologize and told me he would refund the expedite fee back. I requested to talk to a supervisor; he put me on hold for 7 minutes. A woman finally came on the line, I went through the whole story and complaints, she apologized and told me that she would upgrade the arrangement and have it delivered the next day if there’s another service. She told me that since they were not able to find the Jesus statue, if I wanted a flower arrangement, she would have the florist add a lot more flowers and have it delivered. I told her that there was another service at 10am Sat., so it needed to be there before that and we will be burying my brother at 2:30...so I needed it there before 10am. She assured me that the arrangement will arrive before that time and will have someone working on it right away. She also told me that she would refund my expedite fee back. I received a voicemail after 4 pm that same day that they are not able to find the Jesus statue and wanted to replace it with a Mary statue if I was okay with it. I called back and went through the whole story again with another customer service rep and told her that I’ave already talked to a supervisor, so just go with what the supervisor and I agreed upon.

Saturday came, 10 am, no flowers. At 1:48 pm, we are viewing him for the final time before taking him to the burial ground, my phone is vibrating. I did not pick up. During the drive to the buriel ground, I listened to my voicemail. It was a customer service rep saying that they are not able to find a Jesus statue so they wanted to replace it with a Mary statue. I called back, went through the whole story from day one, the customer service rep apologized, but I was so upset, I told her I wanted my money back.

Throughout the whole process, I expressed that I was a MERSC representative and promoted their company/services to the employees and that with this service, I would not promote them anymore. They all expressed that they understand why I would be upset and understands why I would not want to promote their services. After all it’s said and done, the money was refunded, but no one called me back to try and fix the relationship.

I was very disappointed; having lost my brother, I did not want to go through that much trouble and emotions trying to get flowers delivered. I will never use them again, and I will not promote their services here. There email address has been blocked from my personal email account and I delete the emails when they are sent here at the job.

• Bi
      17th of Apr, 2010

THIS IS NOT a floral company. They are nothing more than an order gatherer or phone bank that is going to pass your order to a real florist in the neighborhood. For the priviledge of doing so they keep 20 percent of the order total. You will be paying 100 dollars for a 65 dollar arrangement after all is done and everyone getting their cut.

Order online only if the company provides a physical adress on the home page of their site. And even then you will probably be going through one of the wire service hosted sites that the florist uses and they will keep about 10 percent or more. Use the phone if you can.

• Nk
      18th of Apr, 2010

As with other "order gatherers", From You Flowers simply takes your order and then passes it along to a real florist to handle, often taking in more profit than the local florist who has to do all the work.

Being a florist, and one who often receives orders from From You Flowers, I often have to reject the orders because we don't have the materials on hand, or because delivery has been requested to some far distant small town with insufficient money to make up the flowers and deliver them, or because the order comes to us within an hour of when it's supposed to be delivered!

Please, please, please call a local florist. Don't just order from a photo on a website, but from a professional who will sell you what he has on hand and is of the best quality.

Order gatherer phone personnel will not give you professional guidance as to what is appropriate or not. We see orders come in for huge funeral baskets to be delivered to people's homes, when a lovely vase arrangement or other design would be the appropriate thing to do.

We too have had numerous customers call and place orders directly with us after having a horrible experience ordering through From You Flowers.

• Bo
      10th of May, 2010

I ordered a floral arrangement for my mother-in-law to be delivered yesterday, Mother's Day. I regret ordering from this company because I did not research themm before placing my order, and I thought I would give a lesser-known name in the business a shot... I really, really regret ordering from them.
    My mother-in-law and I get along and she is not a complainer, but she wanted my husband and I to know that the vase she recieved was terribly scratched up, all over. Not just a few scratches here and there, but really noticeable, ugly, big scratches ALL OVER the vase.
    I emailed the company immediately after talking to my MIL Sunday evening. I received an email today stating that someone would contact me regrading my complaint. No one did. I spoke with my MIL tonight and she says that someone left a vase at her doorstep with water and leaves in it and a huge chip out of it and in worse shape than the one she received yesterday.
    I am so embarrassed and extremely angry at myself for not just ordering through a better-established company.
    THIS COMPANY IS NOT A FLORIST. THEY ARE A THIRD PARTY WHO WILL PASS YOUR ORDERS ON TO A FLORIST. IF YOU LOOK AT THEIR CONTACT INFO ON THE BOTTOM OF THEIR SITE, THEY PROVIDE ONLY A PO BOX FOR THEIR ADDRESS.
    I have emailed them several times tonight and I also spoke with customer service tonight. The lady who helped me says that they will send my MIL a new floral arrangement tomorrow in a VASE WITH NO CHIPS OR SCRATCHES. We will see.
    I encourage anyone who has experienced poor customer service with this company to post your experience on your personal social networking sites, such as Facebook, etc., and ask that your friends re-post, and also to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.
    I WILL UPDATE SOON AND LET YOU KNOW HOW MY COMPLAINT WAS HANDLED.
    AT THIS POINT, I WOULD NEVER ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY EVER AGAIN. AND I WILL OPEN MY BIG MOUTH TO ANYONE WHO WILL LISTEN TO ME, AT SCHOOL, AT WORK, IN HOSPITALS, IN LINE AT THE STORE... [censor].

• Mc
      7th of Jun, 2010

I had the same experience. I ordered same day delivery (paid extra) on flowers for a wedding reception that night and received a phone call at 5:30 PM telling me they couldn't find a florist in Charlotte, NC. to fill the order. But they charged me for them. Never again. I suggest all dissatisfied customers let CNBC know about their experiences, because the site quotes them as saying "the best".

• Ny
      15th of Jul, 2010

Boo [censored]ing hoo. You're all so spoiled that you can't handle or understand the fact that not everything is going to go your way. If a botched flower delivery is the worst thing you ever have to deal with, you are extremely lucky. GET OVER IT AND GET OVER YOURSELVES!!!

• Ci
      12th of Sep, 2010
    Fromyouflowers.com - Never delivered my order
    Cindy F.
    Delaware
    Phone: 1-800-838-8853

I placed a flower order for Grandparents Day on Sept. 11th. The representative assured me that the flowers would be delivered on Sunday, Sept. 12th. The following day I received a call from them stating that they were unable to deliver the flowers as promised, but would gladly deliver them the following day with apologies. I told them to forget it and I cancelled the order. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS *&%##@*
    company! They obviously don't care about customers.

• Ca
      3rd of Jan, 2011

I want to post this so everyone hears me. I have used from you flowers in the past, and have been very pleased. this past weekend for my mom's birthday, I ordered an arrangement. I got a call at 5:55 pm to let me know that they could'nt find anyone to deliever the flowers, and appologize and say they would give me a free upgrade, , So I called them right back. but come to find out. 24 hour a day customer service does'nt really exist. and told to call back tomorrow. ok so now I missed my mom's birthday. i'm really ticked off by this point. I leave my name, phone number. and made it very clear that I wanted at supervisor to call me. Should I be shocked that nobody called me! I guess not. so I called them again. and was told so sorry very busy. and they could try to send them out tomorrow, ok now 2 days past my moms b-day. really really ticked off now. I told them forget it. just give me my money back, and I would get someone else to do it. Trust me after I said those words they started acting like I mattered. To late to try and win me back. I would strongly recomend not using this company. They have lost my buisness for life.

• Me
      31st of Jan, 2011

I wish I would have read these reviews before using this company. Flowers under $30? Sure. With a $15 delivery fee. Then add this fee and that fee and I ordered it on Thursday for Sunday delivery. SUNDAY they call to tell me they can't deliver the flowers. By that point, I was out of town and couldn't get a present to my sister. I was furious. Their refund policy? 1-3 days. I said NO. I have to pay immediately for services you should too! I did get it in 24 hours but it still tied my money up and no present. I will use local florists from now on.

• Lo
      25th of Feb, 2011
    From You Flowers/premium Flowers - horrible flowers and late delivery
    from you flowers/5 star flowers
    9132 w. cactus rd #e
    Peoria
    Arizona
    Phone: 623-628-4097

first off, they delivered the flowers a day late. Also, the vase was dirty and the water was murky with flower pieces floating in it. For the premium arrangement ($69.99) it had 6 roses and 5 semi dead lillies and a bunch of green xtras. the print on the card was barely visible due to low ink!.. horrible birthday gift..

• Se
      16th of Mar, 2011
    Fromyouflowers.com - The are not managed well and cant guarantee that what you purchase is what gets delivered
    Fromyouflowers.com
    fromyouflowers.com

I ordered flowers from this website, had them same day delivered, saw them a week later when visiting the person they were sent to, and immediately noticed it was not even close to the photo and description presented on the site. The bouquet delivered was a 30 dollar arrangement and i had purchased a 50 dollar arrangement. Called to request a refund or re-delivery of the correct arrangement and was only given a 10 dollar gift card. A gift card i will never use because i will not be using their service again.

And i recommend that you do not either. The are not managed well and cant guarantee that what you purchase is what gets delivered. Very disappointing.

• Li
      5th of Apr, 2011

OMG! So many of these complaints are so similar to my own experience...I ordered Thursday around 12:28pm for them to be delivered on Friday specifically before 4pm...NO FLOWERS! Called them twice on Friday trying to verify the delivery time and that they understood the importance of the 4pm because the person I was sending them to leaves work at 4pm...Called at 4:04pm on Friday...STILL NO FLOWERS! They promised to have them sent to her home address by 6pm...but after being placed on hold 3 times they came back on the line the 3rd time to tell me it would be Saturday...While all this other is going on they billed my card 3 times(2 more than should have been). If only you all could have heard me on the phone...livid doesn't even describe my demeanor at this point. So I called at 2pm on Saturday they still had NOT been delivered to the home address...called again @ 5pm and finally the truck was on the way. When my BFF called me to tell me she had gotten flowers(everything was a surprise to her)at 5:17pm I checked my bank account and thats when I found the 2 extra charges on there...they assured me the monies would be returned within 48 hours...here I am going on 72 hours and nothing!!! ! Oh! and a credit for a whopping $10.00 and the upgrade they promised was only 1 more flower added to the arrangement(there were 2 Gerbera flowers in the arrangement on the we site and my BFF sent me a pic and there was only the 1 more added) What a cheesy compensation for all I had been through with them!. I WILL NEVER EVER DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY AGAIN!!! AND NEITHER SHOULD YOU!!!

12th of Apr, 2011

I ordered flowers friday morning at 9am, supposed to be guaranteed delivered in MD by 3pm same day, , , , hell, the shipping charge is $14.99. Today is Monday 730pm. Still not delivered. I called several times and all I keep getting is a half [censor] apology and a free upgrade, a call to the florist who said definitely by 6pm, almost hours ago. Now all of a sudden they are closed. I called again, they now promise to credit 20% back plus delivery charge, and will go for tomorow delivery. I sent them as an apology for a fight to my husband and now am apologizing for him almost missing a flight to wait for these stupid [censor] flowers. Next time Im going back to 1800Flowers. Where did i get thes bullcrap company from? Im not even sure they are real, but I'll take that up with my credit card company. This scamming place is nuts...Please don't give them any business...

12th of Apr, 2011

OMG I c ant believe all these people had the same problem with this scamming company...This is nuts..How did the number even get on google? I think they are fake..Im calling my credit card company right now to get my chargeback done. I should've looked them up before giving out my credit card number..What idiots...