Frigidaire Professional Over the Range Microwave / potato sensor didn't shut off.. fire

1 372 Wildwood DriveAlamogordo, NM, United States Review updated:
Phone: 575-415-5330

On tuesday, may 12, 2015, I put a potato in the microwave, pressed the "potato" button on the automatic sensor, after a few minutes I smelled smoke, checked the microwave and the potato was on fire. The microwave was black inside, and no longer worked. My house was full of smoke.
I am writing this complaint after reading several other complaints on the same issue. The potato sensor does not shut off. This is a fire hazard, and I have not yet reported it to my insurance. This sounds like a recall issue. Do something before someone's house burns down and/or someone gets burned. I got this microwave in 2008. It has rarely been used, as I generally reside in a second home. I thought it was just the age of the microwave, but after reading several other complaints identical to mine. Odd eh? This needs to be resolved immediately.

Hi
May 19, 2015

Comments

• On
      22nd of May, 2015

Hello Friend,
    On behalf of Frigidaire, please except our humble apologies on your recent frustrating experience.

Please allow us the opportunity to restore your confidence. We never wish such inconveniences upon our consumers and want to research your history with us. If you will, kindly contact us at SocialCare(at)Frigidaire.com with your full name in the subject line and all contact and product information in your email body.

Your concern will be reevaluated with our complete and full attention. We hear your voice and thank you for taking your time to share your important feedback, and again, our sincere apologies for your unsatisfactory experience.

Best regards