Frigidaire Professional Over the Range Microwave / potato sensor didn't shut off.. fire
On tuesday, may 12, 2015, I put a potato in the microwave, pressed the "potato" button on the automatic sensor, after a few minutes I smelled smoke, checked the microwave and the potato was on fire. The microwave was black inside, and no longer worked. My house was full of smoke.
I am writing this complaint after reading several other complaints on the same issue. The potato sensor does not shut off. This is a fire hazard, and I have not yet reported it to my insurance. This sounds like a recall issue. Do something before someone's house burns down and/or someone gets burned. I got this microwave in 2008. It has rarely been used, as I generally reside in a second home. I thought it was just the age of the microwave, but after reading several other complaints identical to mine. Odd eh? This needs to be resolved immediately.
More Frigidaire Professional Over the Range Microwave Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Electrolux Induction Range - e15 error code - cooktop not working 
- Frigidaire - front load washer poorly engineered. 
- Electrolux India - pathetic customer service by electrolux 
- Electrolux Front Loader Washer & Dryer - % year warranty & dryer breaks 1.4 yrs into contract
- Electrolux - Washer & Dryer - rebate scam 
- Frigidaire / Electrolux - Frigidaire side by side refrigerator
- Frigidaire / Electrolux - electrolux cashback promotion
- Frigidaire / Electrolux - cooktop model: fpic3677rf
- Frigidaire / Electrolux - my 82 year old mother's brand new stove is still not repaired and not working
- Frigidaire / Electrolux - model # fghs2655pf side-by-side refrigerator