FreeShipping.сom / they claim I signed up for membership

Wethersfield, CT, United States Review updated:
Phone: (866) 544-8983

While buying an item online from Carol Wright, there was a button on the screen that said: This order qualifies for $10 cash back — Click To Claim
I wasn't aware of the scam at the time, so I clicked. The first screen asked for name, address, and possibly to enter the credit card number. Since I thought I was dealing with Carol Wright, I entered the information.
Well, it turns out that I had just subscribed, according to them, to an auto-renewing monthly membership at $11.97 per month. I never received the $10 back from Carol Wright, but beginning the next month, these charges started appearing on my credit card. I frankly did not recognize them until the third month, as I buy several things a month from the Internet, but on the third month, I followed up by calling the 800 number on the charge, [protected]. They explained to me that I had signed up back in April, and were only willing to refund the current month's charge and cancel my membership. I don't remember accepting the membership, as I make a practice not to buy memberships of this kind. I had gotten burnt several years back. They told me they had sent a confirmation email, which if I did not reply to, they would assume I wanted the membership. I believe the email went to SPAM, as my ISP sends a lot of these types of email to the SPAM bucket. Bottom line, stay away from this outfit, and from any companies that associate themselves with them via these offers for rebates, free shipping, and provide links at their site. I will never do business with Carol Wright again.

Ti

Comments

Jul 06, 2011

So you went to a website, entered your name, address and credit card number and clicked submit and FreeShipping.com is at fault because you're an idiot? This is no scam; it's a value added loyalty club where if you shop frequently online, it more than pays for itself many times over. Carol Wright nor FreeShipping did anything wrong, you just didn't read what you were subscribing to, which is your own fault.

• Fr
      Jul 06, 2011

Hello,

We would be happy to discuss this with you further. You can contact our Customer Care Department 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling us at 800-869-5597 or emailing us at [protected]@Freeshipping.com and one of our Supervisors will assist you.

Regards,

Jessica
    Customer Care
    Freeshipping.com

• It
      Jan 15, 2014

I called an 800 to contact my utility company and this same service kept connecting me to a live person. I spoke with a lady who sounded to be of Indian or middle eastern descent. She told me I would receive 2 $100 gift cards and also a resturant gift card and I only had to pay for shipping. Of course my card was charged for about $7. She told me I would have 2 weeks to cancel the $15 monthly free shipping subscription and I can keep the GiftCards. Of course I received paper work and a coupon to mail off payment but I NEVER received the GiftCards. Now I'm in the process of requesting a refund. LOL another lesson learned and I'm thankful it wasn't a large sum of money withdrew from my account.