Freelotto / Division of Unclaimed Funds / just another lottery scam!

I am a Senior Fraud Victim Advocate with Fraudaid.org , first of all what you have experienced is what we call a Fake Lottery Scam. It is designed for one purpose only and that is to get innocent and unsuspecting people involved in the fantasy of winning a ton of money. They use this scam to do one of two things:

Launder money by sending you a check with your winnings letter and instructing you to depsosit the check and send off a portion of it to pay so called fees and taxes to free up your winnings OR for the purpose of getting you to pay advanced fees to gain access to your winnings. Here are the cold hard facts:

1. If you did not purchase a lottery ticket , you could not have won that lottery. Why? Lotteries only exist on the money gained through the sale of tickets. The money they get from people purchasing tickets IS the money or at least a portion of that money that is dished out in winnings.

2. IF you have gotten a surprise winning notification and a check from a lottery company you had better verify that the lottery is real and that the check was indeed issued to you by the " Account Holder". Most likely that check is Counterfeit and you can wind up in a heap of trouble either with your bank or legally if you cash it.

NEVER EVER send money to anyone you do not know via services like Western Union, Money Gram etc based on a sales pitch or promise. Those services are widely used to scam people out of hard earned money. Why? Simply put... once that money is sent and picked up at the other end there is NO way to retrieve it or to recover your losses.

For more information on scams and how to protect yourself visit us at www.fraudaid.org What you do not know can hurt you.

Always remember .......

Silence is a thief's best friend..... word-of-mouth is his worst enemy! Spread the word.

• Benard Chongo's Response, Apr 04, 2017

04/04/2017,
    Username: 103786849
    Cell Number: +260 971860068
    Country: Lusaka, Zambia.

It has been difficult for my information on to get accepted by your system, especially in areas like the Card Number and the Card Verification Value. I have been trying to enter my Bank Credit Account Number.

May you help on how I should go about it?

• Marylawford's Response, Dec 14, 2017

i wish to unsubscribe for a few years but not luck please help me get off this freelotto registration. Money has been taken out too many times and I wish this would stop I have tried unsubscribing many times before please stop

Comments

• Ka
      4th of Jan, 2007

I also get same scam but on my email address so i also want to fight with them.

• Sv
      6th of Jan, 2007

Even my self suffered like others, I have paid 14.99$ twice and the result was nil... My no.+919885561368 (India)

• Pa
      8th of Feb, 2007

I have won but i am not sure.

28th of Mar, 2007

I have received mail from freelotto that I won the prize on the 23 of February, 2007. But I can not claim my prize. Another lottery scam!

5th of Apr, 2007

I joined FreeLotto for more that 3 months, but I didn't pay for tickets, I just had a free account, one day I decided to quit, after one week I received the first email from Free Lotto stating that I won a $ 1,000,000 prize and I need to verify via Visa card and pay the advanced bills, one of the emails they sent me included an unprintable check of $ 1,000,000, I tried to print the check, but it didn't appear on the printed page, so I used the print screen facility to print the check and I have it now.

I am sure that this check will not lead me to the million dollars, but I am wondering if I can sue those ### for their non-stopping scams.

• Sr
      16th of Apr, 2007

Even i have received a email from freelotto.com/winners@freelotto.com

Saying that i am a winner of three checks and i must claim through credit card since 6months i am getting these emails and i am un able to understand why these people are doing so...

It seems there is a conspiracy in this indeed its like a scam...

17th of Apr, 2007

Yes free Lotto is a big SCAM!!! I am glad i found out from early... I signed up with them just two days ago and they were asking for me to verify my account with my credit card so i skipped that part... The next day i got an email of me winning both $1M and $300 but i need to verify my account which again is asking for my credit card... It is a damn Scam... If it is free why the hell they need my credit card info!!! Pure Bull!!!

• Mu
      26th of Apr, 2007

Last six month i am receiving this email regarding winner of 3 prizes I contacted so many times but no result. I dont think I will ever get this amount this is only waste of time, it should be stopped intimidated.

• St
      29th of Apr, 2007

I received the first email from Free Lotto stating that I won a $ 1,000,000 prize. They wanted to verify my information and I did that exercise. I also asked to email to the above email address and the one I submitted first is no longer in use but they persisted to email it to the same address.

• Lo
      6th of May, 2007

Do not trust this so-called Freelotto lottery whenever it appears in your mail. It is a hoax!

The fact is in the legal lottery business, it requires you to buy a valid ticket on the business premise. There is no such thing as free of charge in the betting industry. The winners you see on the Freelotto website is mere fabrication by the unscrupulous cheater.

• Lo
      6th of May, 2007

I wish that commercial crime department or FBI set up an ethical hacker division to trace the Freelotto websites and other lottery scam.

• Na
      8th of May, 2007

To be part of it.

• Ba
      9th of May, 2007

Since 2005 i have been getting mails from free lotto.com that i am a winner but now i have found out that its only a fraud cos they ask for credit card detail before you can claim your prize.

• Su
      11th of May, 2007

These ### at Freelotto are taking innocent people for a ride by informing them that they have won 1 million dollars and other smaller amounts and then asking for their credit card number to release the funds. They asked me for my credit card number which I told them I don't have any, and they may deduct any charges from the prize money and remit the balance to me by check. But all the time the same email comes to give the credit card number. This is 100% fraud and once you give them your credit card number then you are hanged -they will keep deducting US$ 14.99 or US$ 9.99 every month and loot you. So do not reply to any of their emails promising you such a lottery win - it all a hoax and the USA govt must take action against such looters.

• Su
      13th of May, 2007

I have received three dozen emails from freelotto over a period of 30 days intimating that I have won a million dollars, which is pending against my name. I have gone through these emails, which are intriguing and confusing. The huge bounty promised to the winner reeks of a scam. I read one of the comments at the top and was jolted to find that one of the 'winners' of a million dollars also mentioned the cheque number as m98211, the same as that of mine. Now I realize that it is a ploy to defraud innocents. I also wonder what is a TSN number and what relation it bears to my winning.

• Mi
      14th of May, 2007

If anyone wants to contact the FreeLotto people directly, you can begin here:

Registrant:

US
    212-931-6760

• Bh
      22nd of May, 2007

I had won this prize on 12th of january since then i have been trying to get in touch with freelotto...

• Sp
      25th of May, 2007

I received my first e-mail from Free-lotto stating that i won 2 billion dollars. I was surprised .I had not purchased any ticket and how i could win such a Huge amount was the question that was coming in my mind.

I replied to the mail giving all necessarily details to claim my price amount. Later i forwarded that mail to a family Member and they did a research on it.

Freelotto is Bull ###. It is east way of making money by some ###.

• Li
      28th of May, 2007

All i need to know is free lotto legal or a scam? Can someone please trace them cause i need answers immediately as i already joined.

Lionel

South Africa

29th of May, 2007

I won $100000 from freelotto.com and i have received my first check (1/5 of my payment). Freelotto is not scam. Please try to read e-mails carefully. They say "u have chance to win $1000000" not "u won". Freelotto is not scam. I have received the check. Now i am trying to cash out my money. Well, i have little problems to cash out it because of my country banking rules.