FreecreditReport.com / Unauthorized charges to debit card

BEWARE: when signing up to get a free copy of your credit report on freecreditreport.com. On receipt of receiving your report, this company begins automatically charging your credit card $14.95 / month, if you don't read the fine print. It is a SCAM. You will sign up for a service called CIC Triple Advantage. The customer care rep I spoke with took me to the site and talked me through the language in the fine print about signing up for CIC*Triple Advantage (whatever this is). They refused to credit me back for the unwanted services, and said I did not read the terms and conditions closely, and I was at fault.

The customer care rep promised to email confirmation of my cancellation to my email address which I never received. I called back and asked them to resend the email address, and the customer care agent was not able to help to resend an email for my cancellation confirmation. This is unacceptable! Basic customer care support. This is a sketchy operation.

She advised that I would need to write a letter and fax to their Customer Relations group at 949.567.3858 in order to get a copy of my confirmation of cancellation. I asked to speak with her supervisor. I found it very hard to believe that Customer Care could not send an email to a customer!! The supervisor said he would send a request to this "special" group on my behalf, but even he could not send me an email to confirm my account had been closed.

DON"T BE A VICTIM of not reading fine print. Stay away from freecreditreport.com.

They are scam artists who prey on consumer error.

Sf

Comments

• Gf
      22nd of Jan, 2010

These guys are mother*&^%$. NEVER ever do business with them. They will NEVER refund your money. So, call your credit card company and dispute that charge.

###...