Free Credit Report / Scam charges!

261 newbury st lot 34bPeabody, MA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 9782104401
Someone better credit my 6 months of chare or susan warnik will here from me . this was found on the consumer web site (The trio of reporting agencies established a single authorized Web source for customers to access the information for free: AnnualCreditReport.com. That is the only federally mandated source for free, no-strings-attached credit reports.

The rest of the Internet Web sites advertising "free" reports -- more than 100 at last count -- are in fact impostors whose real agenda is to steer unsuspecting consumers into a for-profit marketing enterprise, according to a World Privacy Forum in-depth investigation and report.)

I found this in the complaints, so I have proof this is a scam.

Comments

Ch
  17th of Mar, 2008
I received a free credit report and agreed to the $1.00 charge but since then i have had three different companies billing me for $29.95 a month. I have disputed these charges with my bank and it has been very frustrating. I continue to have these issues and i am sick of it. Can someone please do something about these companies ripping people off. I am single and take care of two disabled parent i do not have the money in my account. I did not agree to anything but the one time $1.00 fee and i am pissed.

To anybody that reads this - Please do not visit the websites unless you have money to give away because they will continue to take it from you. I cannot believe that something cannot be done about this.
Kr
  3rd of May, 2008
You c an get a free credit report by going directly to one of the three major credit bureus. You are allowed 1 free per year. You may also go to annualcreditreport.com. If any site is asking for your credit card #, you are guaranteed to be charged more down the road.
Au
  3rd of May, 2008
Anyone using Free Credit Report.Com BEWARE, it is not free, you will be charged a monthly fee. My fee was $12.95 without my consent. I was charged another $12.95 for the next month. I called VISA and had a new credit card issued and canceled the old card.

This is the coolest scam I have seen. I should have known something was up when they asked for my credit card number.

Just a heads up to Free Credit Report.com, its not free !!!

augydog