FragranceX / Failure to deliver, charged shipping fees!

1 Calgary, Alberta, Canada Review updated:

Did not ship product to me but charged $10.00 shipping fee. This is a rip off - BEWARE!!! I wouldn't buy from them. Looks like a scam to me.

Comments

3rd of Jan, 2008

http://www.fragranceX.com SUCKS!!!!! DON'T BUY FROM THEM!!!!
    I orderd $165 of skincare products from them. They charged me $19.95 shipping fee. When the order came to Canada by UPS, I was charged for extra tax and brokage fees by $64. It was so expensive. It was even cheaper to buy in local. I should haven't made that order. Try to order from skin-ect.com or skinstore.com. They never charged ANY OTHER fees , even no charges for tax, and offered much cheaper price than fragranceX. I made a huge mistake. I will never ever buy anything from them!!!

5th of Jan, 2008

http://www.fragranceX.com is a rip off!

I ordered some fragrance in AUGUST 2007....5 months later i still not received my fragrance...everytimes i called them they keep saying the same "blah blah" about possible delay at customs.

When i placed my order....they gave me a USPS (United State Postal Service) tracking number wich is not working at all SINCE DAY ONE. I called people at fragrance.Xsucks.com and asked if a mistake have been made with the USPS tracking number they gave me...but the lady on phone told me it was impossible to track a package shipped with USPS. Why giving a tracking number if this one is not working..this sounds like a scam.

Called 2 days ago...same deal...i asked to speak with the manager...first person to answer the phone ( probabably a person taking order) was pretending to be the manager and told me exactly the same "blah blah" i've been told forever by people working at this company. If you call to place an order they will be the nicest people you'll ever meet...but if you call them concerning a problem...you'll end up being consider as a waste of time for these guys.

I asked them if it was possible to re-ship my order......answer i received was : "we can't afford to re-ship your product because this will make us loose money"...what about us...customer...do they think we can afford to loose money!

WOW! This is such a nice company...they prefer loosing a customer instead of paying a couple of bucks for a re-ship.

After that they told me they were out of stock ...and as soon they receive my product again...they will re-ship another one...and in case that they don't receive that product again...they will refund me.

Why do we have to wait almost 6 months to receive a proper answer that would have been given after only fews days from any other company who cares about their customers.

And as shown on yahoo shopping help board...

"Fraud is defined as : Paying for an item that is not received"

WWW.FRAGRANCEX.COM sounds like a fraud.....maybe some people did ordered from these guys and did receive their products...lucky you...but as i can see i am not the only one having problem with fragranceXsucks.com

This is my advice if you don't wanna loose your money...

DO NOT ORDER FROM WWW.FRAGRANCEX.COM!!!

• Al
      8th of Jan, 2008

I have had exactly the same. Ordered products a month before Christmas. Still haven't arrived two months later. Got the same email template everytime I email them. Asked for a refund, they just dodge the subject any way they can. I think this is a scam too.

So, what are we going to go to do about it. I say we should invoke an Garnishee order which will freeze their company accounts until they pay back what they owe. Also I will contact Mastercard legal team to get onto the case.

If anyone wants to club together to get our money back please contact me. I up for it right now. I hate being ripped off and what I hate more is being fobbed off afterwards. Let's do it.

• Mu
      6th of Feb, 2008

I am an international customer from Turkey. I placed an order with fragrancex.com on December 2007 and it was shipped on 12/20/2007. The package was supposed to arrive in approx. 12-13 business days to Turkey according to my other internet experiences. It's been over 1 and 1/2 months and I haven't received any package,yet. I sent them bunch of emails regarding for this delay. They keep saying me,it will arrive soon and it is probably being held on customs for security reasons... I know it is a ###!. They refused to refund my account as well and they never care about customers problems.

I paid $171.28 including shipping and had nothing so far. I was told I still have to wait for the package!What are we supposed to do, guys? Please contact me!

• De
      25th of Jul, 2008

Do not buy from this company!!
    They charge for items then do not deliver them, they send out items with scratched and damaged boxes, the customer service in non existent and Ron Yakuel, the owner, well partner according to Jigsaw: Thinks a $20 courtesy credit solves everything...
    A con from start to finish...BEWARE!!

• Ca
      12th of Aug, 2008

I have ordered twice from fragranceX.com before (one for my mother and other for me) and items were received on time. I ordered a bottle of perfume recently and the packaging and bottle seemed to be fine. However, the scent of the perfume smells a lot like bug spray! Fake??? A friend recently received a bottle of designer perfume off of amazon and it was a fake! She was able to compare to a real bottle and found the differences. Unfortunately for me I no longer have my old bottles and such so no comparisons. Has anyone else had this problem?

• Gr
      26th of Aug, 2008

I bought a bottle of a German cologne called 4711 on eBay which was shipped to me via fragrancex. The stuff I received was conterfeit. I am in my 40s and I've known 4711 all my life. My mother, who grew up in the city of Cologne Germany, has used 4711 since she was a young girl. She and I could tell immediately that the color is yellower in this bottle. We closely examined the bottle's label with the label of an authentic 800 mL bottle purchased in Germany and there are differences in the placement of the awards (part of the design of the label). The smell is similar but not quite the same and the final straw is that it irritates her skin. Unfortunately the seller had no idea. I don't blame the seller ... she was suckered too.

• So
      12th of Sep, 2008

Hello,

I come from France, I ordered 3 perfumes and I still received nothing, I ordered on July 23rd. They always answer me the same thing as I am going to receive my orders and refuse to refund me.

• La
      24th of Sep, 2008

I am very much involved with Fragrances in placing my order but thanks for all these comments about Fragrance, lucky i never ever paid for all the orders i made...but they keep on emailing me for my payments..but thanks for all these comments ..i will never want to be facing problem as others who have had problems with Fragrancex.

12th of Nov, 2008

Received order f/ Fragrance X today and it is most definitely counterfeit. Please be advised, if you live in the USofA, these colognes are NOT in compliance with USFDA standards. Some have tested positive for harsh chemicals, large concentrations of alcohol (and little else), and even HUMAN urine.

Every duped customer should be notifying their local law enforcement agency, BBB, state Attorney General's office, and USFDA (online complaint form) and whoever the TRUE maker of the product is...I ordered "Romance" and it is manufactured by Ralph Lauren. I notified that company. INSIST if these FRAUDS want their merchandise back, make THEM send you a return shipping label...see how fast they crawfish. You did NOT order counterfeitmerchandise, WHY SHOULD YOU HAVE TO PAY SHIPPING TO RETURN SAME?

The bottle was leaking, I have a rash on my arm where I sprayed it, the skin on the end of my nose is burning and irritated. The bottle reeked of butane. Furthermore, the bottle did NOT match a real bottle of Romance by the REAL Ralph Lauren. There were obvious differences. The label sometimes might be missing one letter in one word, small differences you might not otherwise notice. FragranceX is supposed to be in reputable outlet mall chains...so unsure if everything they sell is counterfeit or exactly what.

Please note, the bottle sent to me was leaking. Though the bottle WAS wrapped in cellophane, there were fingerprints all over the bottle and the cap, UNDER the cellophane packaging. The box was an obvious fake, the pink check pattern wasn't even close to the real thing. Just sickening, the entire mess.

It wasn't even that much of a discount, I just like the convenience of ordering online. Now, I must go through my credit card company, fax a dispute, then wait while my perfectly good $$$ is tied up disputing this purchase. Just sickening. Always check for sites such as this prior to ordering f/companies on the Internet.

• Ru
      15th of Nov, 2008

Terrible service, Fragrance X advertise free shipping anywhere in world with "free" coupon, hoewever they still charge you for shipping!!!

I paid $19 to get perfume shipped to UK even thou I used the free shipping coupon, then to top it off I got £13 - sterling fees from FEDEX £7 uk VAT and a £6.80 admin fee!!

Total price of perfume £80, could have bought it here in UK for about £55, TOTAL SHAM!

NEVER AGAIN.

• Ha
      25th of Feb, 2009

I have bought some brands and on my first shopping they sent me a wrong fragance. They told me that I had to send the bottle and then they went back the money. But the labels to USA are the same price as the brand so I told them that they had to pay me the labels, but they told me that it wasn't possible. Then I put on a "disputa" in Pay Pal, but they told me than they can not anything. So I don't Know. How Internet laws protect the customers in this cases?

• Ad
      31st of Mar, 2009

Looks like all you guys complaining are located out of the USA. Personally I have been ordering from fragrancex for about 4 years now and never had a problem. Maybe they just have an issue shipping outside the USA. Don't know.

• Mo
      9th of Apr, 2009

Before few days i was looking to buy a car . i just found a website that somebody posted(seler) car for sale.
    i cheched that car ( 2005 BMW X5 3.0 D) price qar 30.000. i surprised this bmw 2005 model lookin good with a law price than i contacted with that person emmidialy she replayed to me, n she gave me a website called.
    http://www.worldwdelivery.co.uk/ she said i am in k now for business and the car is with me, , so go thorugh website and contact with them and send money to them, , , , they will deliver this car to you...send (qar 15000)
    and when u get the car pay rest of the amount...i talk with that site they replaid to me

Dear Mr/Mrs. Mohammed Abdilahi Aden,

We inform you that your package [2005 BMW X5 3.0 D] is in our custody.

What is the next step ?
    The seller has paid for the delivery and package insurance!
    You will have to send the payment (15000 QR) to our agent designated for this transaction, , using Western Union Money Transfer Service.
    All you have to do is to find the nearest Western Union office in your town and send the money 15000 QR to our agent:

- Name of agent: Andrew Bennet
    - Address: 131 Beak Street
    - City: London
    - Zip Code: WIF 9DB
    - State: United Kingdom

When the transfer is made please send us an email with all the details of the transfer so we can verify them:
    - MTCN (Money Transfer Control Number)
    - Full name and address of the Sender
    - Amount Sent
    - Scanned paper from Western Union

After we will receive this informations we will check with Western Union and if everything is ok we will start the shipping process..

- Thank you for using our Services ! -

The World Delivery. Team *

We ship anything, anywhere !

and she is teling go hurry up and make the peyment...

i always use to say... hey wait let me think about this. why u so, , , , , ,

loll

anybody knows this .or have any information about this site n compnay

tnx alot ppls

• Ah
      6th of May, 2009

You are totally right about their bad or even the worst service among all other online fragrance companies..
    - They do not reply any of your e-mail,
    - They do not send the fragrances eventhough they collect the money from your credit card,
    - Somehow they have never and ever any tracking number,
    - They are careless & arrogant,
    - They are not able to provide proof of delivery even if you ask for it,
    - support@fragrancex.com is totally useless e-mail,
    - They always keep telling "please be patient and your order is on the way"

NEVER and EVER buy any product from FRAGRANCEX.COM

• Ju
      4th of Jun, 2009

I am from China, and I ordered 4711 on FRAGRNCEX.COM .Their supporters SUCKS! The woman who picked up the phone and bla bla. I asked them to provide the proof of delivery, she hang off my phone. I keep on calling, and she keep on hang off ... I was so angary! But what can I do ? I will never ever buy anything on FRAGRANCEX.COM again. NEVER!

I agree you all! dito!!!

• Ni
      22nd of Jul, 2009

Seems like I am the latest one to be conned. How I wish I could have seen this website before placing the order!

I am from India (Mumbai). I ordered 2 perfumes (total worth $75). As per the Order Tracking on their website, my first perfume was shipped out on May 15, 2009 and the second one on May 29, 2009.

However it is over 2 months now and I have not received either of the perfumes. Writing to support@fragrancex.com invokes the usual robotic replies - There is a problem with your country's Customs.

The funny thing is that I have visited my Customs as well as Post Office Headquarters several times. They have not received any package in my name.

On top of it, they say that nothing can be done without a tracking number.

What can be done?

• St
      24th of Sep, 2009

I totally agree with all the above complaints. fragranceX.com is a total scam. I am an international customer located in Hong Kong. We are 24 Sep today. I ordered a first time on 23 May with worldwide standard shipping. My order never arrived. I was extremely stupid and thought it may have got lost and placed a second order on 15 Sep, this time using worldwide premium shipping (which is USPS Priority Mail with a tracking number). This is the tracking status of my parcel on the USPS website:
    -----
    Class: Priority Mail International Parcels
    Service(s): International Parcels
    Status: Electronic Shipping Info Received

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on September 15, 2009 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.
    -----

The status has remained unchanged since 15 Sep. It has been 9 days now. On the fragranceX.com website, it says about worldwide premium shipping orders "Arrives in 3 - 7 business days with a tracking number". 3-7 business days? It has been 7 business days and the shipment hasn't even been received by USPS for subsequent mailing!

And for Worldwide Standard Shipping: "Arrives in 7 - 12 business days and will likely not have tracking". 7-12 business days? It has been FOUR MONTHS now!

Now I just woke up from my sheer stupidity and absolutely want to cancel my orders and get refunded, but by reading on their website, there doesn't seem to be a way.

Please DO NOT order from fragranceX.com ever, you will lose your money!

• Pa
      24th of Sep, 2009

I also have the same problem. The shipment was supposedly sent by Air from the USA to Canada on Sept 8th, and they said it will take 3 - 10 business days to arrive. They also say that it can be held up in customs, etc. I have ordered things from the USA in the past, and they show up in 7 days using ground service. It is now 12 business days, and still no delivery.

I have started a dispute with PayPal. I also sent an email to support@fragranceX.com asking for a refund. If they do not comply, I will escalate this at PayPal, and hopefully they will refund my money.

In my books, if you take my money, but don't give me the product that I purchased, it is theft, fraud, and we can't let companies like them get away with things like this. I suspect they think they can screw over non USA customers without recourse, but maybe they should brush up on international law!

• Pa
      13th of Oct, 2009

As an update, I started the dispute with Pay Pal, and amazing enough the shipment showed up today. The funny thing is that there is no evidence that it was actually shipped on Sept 8th as they stated, however it shows that it was received into Canada on Oct 6th, so apparently things get held up for almost 1 month in the USA if you can believe that - are you kidding me?.

Or, more realistically, they shipped it on Oct 4th or 5th, after realizing that they lied and were caught in a bit of a trap.
    Just to prove that they were out to lunch, I ordered the same stuff from 99Perfume, and it showed up within 10 days, not 10 business days, but 10 actual days, by ground service, not "Air Mail".

All that I can say is buyer beware - if you live outside of the USA, you need to keep on their case or you won't see your shipment, and you will probably need to file a dispute just as I did to get their attention.