FPL / refusal to allow customer listen to tape
Last month I called an FPL representative asking how I could lower my monthly electric bill. I stated I had a space heater I brought with me when moving from New York. I read him the information on the unit and he told me if I ran it 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for a month, my total cost would be $135.00. He never asked or mentioned that before turning it on, I should check to see if my panel board could handle the wattage so based on his recommendations, I plugged it in and the room in which it was plugged in blew a double electrical-braker costing nearly $250.00 to get my power to work in a room in my home.
I called FPL and spoke to a claims representative who stated she would look into the matter and one week later she contacted me stating she listened to the recorded call and FPL did nothing wrong. I asked for a copy of the recorded conversation stating I would be more than happy to pay for the cost of reproducing the tape and she stated this is "confidential information" and the only way I could obtain a copy is by a subpoena. Imagine, FPL would rather someone file a lawsuit than to simply charge the customer to purchase a copy of the recorded conversation to hear if perhaps FPL could be at fault.
FPL realizes that it would be costly to file court papers so they win every time however I am going to sue them asking for a jury trial.
It's about time consumers took their ground refusing to allow these giant companies to walk all over us.
If anyone else has had similar problems, let me know.
More FPL Complaints & Reviews
- Fpl (Florida Power & Light) - deposit demand 
- Florida Power And Light Residential Electricity - deposit requirement 
- FPL - disconnection 
- FPL - security deposit 
- FPL - does not accept visa 
- Florida Power & Light [FPL] - billing and payments/ dixie court apartments
- Florida Power & Light [FPL] - customer service is inept
- Florida Power & Light [FPL] - low power wires
- Florida Power & Light [FPL] - illegal connection
- Florida Power & Light [FPL] - fpl service