Ford Motor Company / air bag.

1 Dearborn, MI, United States Review updated:

On march 2 of this year, I received a safety recall notice (17s01/nhtsa recall 17v-024) from ford motor company concerning the passenger airbag in my fusion (vin: 3fahp07149r125373) which could conceivably rupture in the event of a crash and either injure or possibly even kill the passenger. I immediately contacted the local dealership and was informed that: 1. they do not yet have the parts, and 2. my "zone" will probably be the last to receive parts. consequently, for over 3 months now i've had to have my wife sit in the back seat anytime we travel together. this has only become more of an annoyance over time.
I don't have the ability here at my house to scan the recall notice to send to you (though can do so if required) but am assuming you will have the pertinent records.
As to resolution, I frankly think some form of remuneration is called for. had this been handled within a reasonable time, say, a few weeks, i'd be fine with the situation. but at this point feel that I (and any others in the same straits) have been put on the "back burner". I no longer have full use of my car, and the end is not in sight.

- randall dorman
3161 e. eagle rock dr.
Sierra vista, az 85650

Ra
Jun 10, 2017

Comments

• Co
      14th of Mar, 2018

I received the airbag recall notice in March 2017. It is now March 2018 and I've not received any type of update. What is the status of this recall? I'm very disappointed in Ford.

• De
      31st of Mar, 2018

I received my first recall notice 16s26/nhtsa recall 16v-384 letter for my 2008 Mustang GT in July 2016. A subsequent letter December 2017 notes "the air bag inflator could result in metal fragments striking occupants causing serious injury or death" Another letter dated March 2018 states parts are now available to repair your vehicle. I called Schicker Ford Union, Mo on March 27th. The parts dept was checked for availability for parts and parts on hand were confirmed. When I arrived for my appointment on Fri March 30th I was told no parts were available. Very, Very poor service. And when I complained I was mocked and told to have a nice day.

• Ke
      7th of Apr, 2018

I had my airbags replaced I got in a accident 8 days later I rear ended a stationary truck at50kms/hr and neither airbag went off. Be careful driving a Ford I would sell any Ford I had.

• Dp
      8th of Jun, 2018

2007 Fusion 2nd recall Ford letter on serious air-bag exploding issues. Ford dealers won't help anymore on getting a rental car until Fusion parts arrive -car is unsafe to drive!
    Please, Ford needs to call 860-823-8809 *CT -to get this resolved with customer -Never buy Ford, again if Ford won't support their products -period!

• Gw
      14th of Jun, 2018

We have tried to get our airbag recall replaced for well over one year. First, we had to wait on Ford to tell us that we could now go to our dealership and have them replaced. For the last several months, my Ford dealership, Baugh Ford Company in Clanton, Alabama, has been telling me that they cannot get the part for my replacement. In the meantime, we are not able to drive the truck with a passenger and are actually not driving it at all. I do think that Ford Corporation should follow up on these to make sure that the recalls are being replaced. I am very frustrated with this!!