Ford Motor Company / air bag.

1 Dearborn, MI, United States Review updated:

On march 2 of this year, I received a safety recall notice (17s01/nhtsa recall 17v-024) from ford motor company concerning the passenger airbag in my fusion (vin: 3fahp07149r125373) which could conceivably rupture in the event of a crash and either injure or possibly even kill the passenger. I immediately contacted the local dealership and was informed that: 1. they do not yet have the parts, and 2. my "zone" will probably be the last to receive parts. consequently, for over 3 months now i've had to have my wife sit in the back seat anytime we travel together. this has only become more of an annoyance over time.
I don't have the ability here at my house to scan the recall notice to send to you (though can do so if required) but am assuming you will have the pertinent records.
As to resolution, I frankly think some form of remuneration is called for. had this been handled within a reasonable time, say, a few weeks, i'd be fine with the situation. but at this point feel that I (and any others in the same straits) have been put on the "back burner". I no longer have full use of my car, and the end is not in sight.

- randall dorman
3161 e. eagle rock dr.
Sierra vista, az 85650

Ra
Jun 10, 2017

Comments

• Co
      14th of Mar, 2018

I received the airbag recall notice in March 2017. It is now March 2018 and I've not received any type of update. What is the status of this recall? I'm very disappointed in Ford.

• De
      31st of Mar, 2018

I received my first recall notice 16s26/nhtsa recall 16v-384 letter for my 2008 Mustang GT in July 2016. A subsequent letter December 2017 notes "the air bag inflator could result in metal fragments striking occupants causing serious injury or death" Another letter dated March 2018 states parts are now available to repair your vehicle. I called Schicker Ford Union, Mo on March 27th. The parts dept was checked for availability for parts and parts on hand were confirmed. When I arrived for my appointment on Fri March 30th I was told no parts were available. Very, Very poor service. And when I complained I was mocked and told to have a nice day.

• Ke
      7th of Apr, 2018

I had my airbags replaced I got in a accident 8 days later I rear ended a stationary truck at50kms/hr and neither airbag went off. Be careful driving a Ford I would sell any Ford I had.

• Dp
      8th of Jun, 2018

2007 Fusion 2nd recall Ford letter on serious air-bag exploding issues. Ford dealers won't help anymore on getting a rental car until Fusion parts arrive -car is unsafe to drive!
    Please, Ford needs to call 860-823-8809 *CT -to get this resolved with customer -Never buy Ford, again if Ford won't support their products -period!

• Gw
      14th of Jun, 2018

We have tried to get our airbag recall replaced for well over one year. First, we had to wait on Ford to tell us that we could now go to our dealership and have them replaced. For the last several months, my Ford dealership, Baugh Ford Company in Clanton, Alabama, has been telling me that they cannot get the part for my replacement. In the meantime, we are not able to drive the truck with a passenger and are actually not driving it at all. I do think that Ford Corporation should follow up on these to make sure that the recalls are being replaced. I am very frustrated with this!!

• Nh
      25th of Jul, 2018

I can understand the wait on parts as they are prioritizing by regions they believe to be most affected. However, when I contacted my local dealership to take advantage of the offer for a rental vehicle (up to 30.00 per day according to the second letter I received), I was told there was a waiting list and they could add me to it. Frankly, I am uncomfortable with this and disappointed in Ford. There are plenty of local rental companies with whom they could be working if they don't have the stock to rent. I have been a loyal Ford owner and would like to see the company meet this challenge with integrity and efficiency.

• Un
      24th of Aug, 2018

@NHG The Ford Dealership I deal with has an account with Enterprise. I was given a PO/RO # from the dealership, went to Enterprise, and was told to choose from the five vehicles lined up in front. This took all of 10 minutes.

• Un
      24th of Aug, 2018

I, as well, have a 2012 Ford Fusion. I have been awaiting part for over a year, now, also. Ford has approved a rental for my use, until parts come in. This is great, but my personal vehicle now sits in my driveway - to not be driven by anyone else in my family - while I am the only driver approved as driver of the rental. I have just renewed the rental for a third month. What really gets to me is, when you speak to Toyota and Honda owners who were part of this same recall, their vehicles were repaired shortly after receiving recall notice. Is it just the fact there are so many Fords involved in this recall? I would like to know what the problem is.

• To
      28th of Aug, 2018

I have received two recall notices from Ford for my 2006 Ford Ranger, I contacted the Don Chalmers Ford and was told they did not have the parts that they would call me when they received the parts they never did in the mean time i get another letter from Ford to take my truck in. I contacted Don Chalmers again and made an appointment to take it in 27 August 2018 this was a two weeks in advance, i took it in at 7AM I called at 11:30 was told they had ordered the parts from Ford they would be there at 12:30 PM called back at 2:30 was told parts did not arrive that i could pick up my truck which i did i was told that they would order the parts. Needless to say I am tired of the run around i have received from Don Chalmers I am livid Ford never again...

Tony Griego

Albuquerque NM

• Mu
      2nd of Sep, 2018

I have a 2008 Mustang Bullitt, I purchased new. I received five Recall Notice postcards in one week. All different colors with my VIN number on it and name, so if somebody wants to know where a Bullitt it located they got the information they needed thank you Ford Motor Company. I have gotten Recall notices in letter form for years and there ain't no parts available when I contact dealer. Now the Recall includes passenger air bag. I drove car to dealer that only has 13, 000 miles on it to set a appointment and check on parts availability. Service Adviser tells me parts are in stock, I make appointment for Tuesday 8/28/18 9:00 A. I show up at 8:45 AM guess what they used the parts on another car and don't when parts will been in again. I call Ford Customer Service and get a apology and no ship date on parts. I been a Ford owner for 45 years and Ford Tech for 20 years. I'm very disappointed in the way they have handled this. I pulled the fuse out and leave it disarmed so the air bags, any of em can't blow up in my face or others. Someday parts will get here.