Ford Motor Company / air bag.
On march 2 of this year, I received a safety recall notice (17s01/nhtsa recall 17v-024) from ford motor company concerning the passenger airbag in my fusion (vin: 3fahp07149r125373) which could conceivably rupture in the event of a crash and either injure or possibly even kill the passenger. I immediately contacted the local dealership and was informed that: 1. they do not yet have the parts, and 2. my "zone" will probably be the last to receive parts. consequently, for over 3 months now i've had to have my wife sit in the back seat anytime we travel together. this has only become more of an annoyance over time.
I don't have the ability here at my house to scan the recall notice to send to you (though can do so if required) but am assuming you will have the pertinent records.
As to resolution, I frankly think some form of remuneration is called for. had this been handled within a reasonable time, say, a few weeks, i'd be fine with the situation. but at this point feel that I (and any others in the same straits) have been put on the "back burner". I no longer have full use of my car, and the end is not in sight.
- randall dorman
3161 e. eagle rock dr.
Sierra vista, az 85650
More Ford Motor Company Complaints & Reviews
- Ford Premium ESP Extended Warranty - deceiving 
- Ford Motor Company - premature tire wear 
- Ford Credit - reposession 
- Ford Motor Company - fusion battery terminal corrosion 
- Ford South Africa - bad service 
- Ford Motor Company - made appointment at newins ford after 9hrs nothing was done
- Ford Motor Company - 2012 ford fusion
- Ford Motor Company - "unethical behaviour"
- Ford Motor Company - 2016 ford focus
- Ford Motor Company - dealer add ons at time of purchase of a new vehicle at a certified ford dealership