Ford Motor Company / 2002 Taurus / coil springs breaking!
I own a 2002 Taurus purchased in Nov 2001. It currently has 57,400 miles on it, is well maintained, and was never wrecked... HOWEVER, this past week we have had a front coil spring break on the roadway which ruptured a tire, tore a CV boot, and damaged the front struts. The following day after the FRONT suspension damage was repaired, a REAR spring broke while it was PARKED in the service garage. The noise was heard by two of the mechanics. Total cost for replacement of all 4 springs, front struts, CV boot, new tire, towing, labor etc. $1576.33.
FORD Motor Company refused to assume any responsibility. They had a recall for the 2001's for known spring failure but NOT the 2002's. Considering this car was manufactured in 2001, it no doubt has the SAME defective springs. TAURUS OWNER'S BEWARE!
More Ford Motor Company / 2002 Taurus Complaints & Reviews
- Ford Premium ESP Extended Warranty - deceiving 
- Ford Motor Company - premature tire wear 
- Ford Credit - reposession 
- Ford Motor Company - fusion battery terminal corrosion 
- Ford South Africa - bad service 
- Ford Motor Company - 2019 f-150 lariat, crew cab with v-6 eco boost engine
- Ford Motor Company - 2015 ford fusion se hybrid
- Ford Motor Company - 2017 Ford F150 leaking water on the driver side floor board for the third time
- Ford Motor Company - ford focus cars equipped with dps 6 dual clutch power shift transmission
- Ford Motor Company - made appointment at newins ford after 9hrs nothing was done