Ford / day ford in monroeville

1 3696 William Penn HighwayMonroeville, PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 4128560600

I took my car to the service department at Monroeville's Day Ford dealership complaining of a squeaky noise when breaking. I told the service department that I thought it was the brakes. I get a phone call "No Miss Donald, it's the axel that's the problem. Warranty will cover it so you're fine." Okay so as I'm driving off after the dealership's 'repairs'...what do I hear? Squeaky noise! I call complaining, furious, because my job requires transportation. Five days later, I take it back to the dealership. My phone ring and guess what I'm told about my car? "Miss Donald, it's the brakes. You messed up the brakes and the rotator. Since you are the cause, you must pay $439.00 plus tax." You gotta be kidding me! I brought the car brand new and only a year and three weeks old! Maybe I'm a fool or an a** but I specifically said "I think it's the brakes." This drama and pricely repair could have been avoided. The cost of new brakes is a lot more cost-efficient than over four hundred dollars worth of repairs. Thanks Day Ford in Monroeville, PA, what would your customers do without you?

Ki

Comments

• Ej
      1st of Oct, 2014

Had a bad experience with Day Ford Service as well. Took my 2011 F150 in because it was making an intermittent noise. Was told they drove it, turned the 4wheel drive switch off and on again, and the noise went away. Was told there was a damaged vacuum hose (no way) and they repaired it for free, just charged me $100 to diagnose the so called non warranty covered problem. Naturally the noise reappeared after a few weeks. Took it to my independent mechanic, he checked it out, lubricated a couple things apparently ford did not know about, and have not had any noises since. That was 5 months ago. Not happy with the Day Ford incompetence or storytelling. Did send an email to the Service manager, but no response.