ford India/ Ikon flair / complain

India Review updated:
3.35
Dear Sir ,

I own a ford Ikon flair 1.3 bought in oct. 2005, from Narain ford, Lucknow.
Vehicle registration number – UP 32 BQ 3919 .
VIN Number – 5GA – 4152 .

I have done all my regular service as mentioned in the service book duly signed all at Narain ford , Lucknow.
current mileage is 5670.

Now ,I have shifted abroad , so shifted vehicle to patna, where my parents are staying for their driving .
At present , i need to service the vehicle, there is no dealership 700 km around, and my air filter seemed choked and need to be replaced. Even my fan belt gives some noise .
I cannt risk driving to nearest dealer,as then I might be risking the engine .
Last week , I was in noida, so I carried all the original papers and service book to get the genuine parts. I went to south city ford, where I went to workshop and had a talk with asst. service manager, puneet .
He said , he looked at the papers and said , he cannt help me , but on my insistence, he said he will consult the dealer principal , Mr ajay srivastava and let me know .
He came and said he cannt give me parts as , this is not as per policy .
I ASKED HIM, WHETHER IT IS A COMPANY POLICY OR DEALER POLICY . I GOT THE ANSWER THAT IT IS A DEALER POLICY. AS YOU HAVE NOT BOUGHT THE VEHICLE FROM US , WE CANNT HELP YOU .

Now I need answer to my following questions.

1. As a ford customer , what is my fault ??
2. What I do to my Ford Ikon, where customer is not able to service the vehicle . I need to urgently get the consumables , and I cannt risk
3. I know the importance of genuine parts and oils and don’t want to put the parts , which I can get from the market . With this type of situation , I will be forced to use local make of parts , and then , who will be responsible for the damage to my vehicle .
4. On one side , Ford India is launching a good initiative like RSA , which is of first of its kind in India , where as existing customers like us are suffering , who have shown faith in your company and like your product .

I am , in fact a corporate buyer , as I along with my colleagues , bought 3 Ford Ikon from Narain Ford . I am also from automobile trade and would like a response from your side as soon as possible , before I take it further with my lawyers and media.

Regards
Satyam prakash
Mobile -[protected].

Comments

Ra
  24th of Sep, 2008
I own a ford Ikon 1.6 petrol from new delhi harpreet ford, I have done all my regular service as mentioned in the service book duly signed all at harpreet ford.I am not happy with the service level from HARPREET FORD DELHI there is some major falt from the company from the day i have purchased this car i had informed them various times but they dont listen so in future i will not suggest any one to purchase FORD CARS

Regards
RAJESH SONDHI
9999191208
Ra
  18th of Oct, 2008
I HAVE BOUGHT A FORD ENDEAVOUR TDCI AND IT HAS JUST DONE 30, 000 KMS...ITS CATALATIC CONVERTER HAS GOT BLOCKED..I HAVE ORDERED IT AT CHANDIGARH AT BHAGAT FORD AND THEY ARE SAYING THAT IT IS NOT AVAILABLE.ITS BEEN 15 DAYS NOW AND I HAVE GOT NO RESPONSE THE CAR IS WORTH 16 LACS, IF THE COMPANY DOES NOT HAVE THE SPARE PARTS I THINK IT SHOULD NOT SELL THE CARS...THE SERVICE IS ALSO NOT GOOD...I REQUEST THE PEOPLE THAT THEY SHOULD NEVER BUY FORD CARS AS THEY LACK IN QUALITY.

WILL I GET ANY RESPONSE FROM THE FORD PEOPLE I DONT THINK SO...

U CAN CONTACT ME AT 099150 00043
Gu
  21st of Jan, 2009
My name is Gurwinder gill(Msc IT) PUNJAB. My vehicle vin no is YB02216 and the vehicle visits at bhagat ford Ludhiana which is far from our town near about 100 km with appointment on14/1/2009 of 10:45am and vehicle is there by sharp 10:45am after that the adviser diagnose the problem at 11am that the (front arm and front shockers need to replace) and made all the documents like job card and made estimate time of 6pm and takes the vehicle under his supervision. but after that very shameful thing is that the mechanic attends my car at 4pm on my request otherwise no way to attend that vehicle.after that they put front arm and steering end and i refuse not to replace the shockers. you know that they deliver the vehicle at 6:45pm with front arm and steering end only if i allow them to replace the shocker then they are not able to give us vehicle on same day. i know the situation that's why i refuse to replace the part because we are not able to come by bus if they told us not to deliver the vehicle today. so my question is that what is the meaning of appointment at bhagat ford when you are not able to attend the vehicle at particular time. for example if you give appointments to 20 vehicles a day but you attend near about 100 vehicles a day which are without appointment very funny then what is the meaning of appointment. you say that priority is towards vehicles which come on appointment but all these thing are paper work only for rough less this is second time when u made me upset u check my status when i come on last time before 14/1/2009 the vehicles returns back with out any work because i refuse them why, i tell you when the vehicle comes on appointment in early morning then why you told the customer in evening without doing any work on that vehicle that sorry we are not able to deliver the vehicle today because you attend that vehicle in the evening you know why the people upset from bhagat ford because of your way to attend the vehicle people say that bhagat ford relations are very nice in showroom but very poor when that person goes to workshop i am very upset from bhagat ford today that there is not even a single person which listen the problem of customer ( sir i go to skoda workshop when the vehicle goes there on appointment at there workshop they come fast to attend the vehicle and made all requirements need to check that vehicle no headache to customer but in bhagat ford the persons runs like a mouse made job card why its your responsibility to attend the vehicle when it comes on appointment why you not approach the customer in your workshop. my experience in bhagat ford is that if you not ask them to made job card they not even attend your vehicle whole the day. but all this is not good you have no respect of time of customer. So please if you want to increase sale of your product please come out of showroom and pay attention towards your workshop bcoz a customer come once in showroom to buy vehicle after that for long time his visit is only in workshop so you have to take serious attention towards that if you take care of customer there your sale goes=A0upward my motive is only to alert you. funny thing at bhagat ford is (yaha to ase he hota hay kya kare)

Ford Motor Company Logo Ford Motor Company