Ford F250 Diesel / ford refused its warranty!

My Ford F250 Super Duty Powerstroke had to have the complete engine replaced at a cost of $12000. Even though the truck was still in warranty and expiring in one month Ford refused to honor its warranty.

Gd

Comments

• Gu
      16th of Nov, 2010

Having the same problem with Ford not honoring warranty.
    Purchased 2008 Ford Diesel Super Duty F-250 in Feb 2008. March 2009 brought vehicle into dealership because check engine light was on and truck was running rough (38, 000 miles ) truck was in the shop for approx week, dealership called said truck was fixed, I picked up vehicle from dealership, motor blew 15 miles after leaving service. Dealership replaced motor due to a coolant problem. It was taken to dealer MANY times for coolant problems, among other problems. July 2010 I took the truck to the dealership because white smoke was coming out to pipe, they had truck for a couple of days, called me a few days later saying there was nothing wrong with the truck, the diagnostics cost me $158. At 99, 000 (it has a 200, 000 mile warranty) it AGAIN was blowing white smoke (which they told me before that nothing was wrong)and dash lights did not show engine running hot. After getting home and unloading my equipment, I tried to start it with no luck. I had it towed to Auburn Ford, where I purchased vehicle. After about a week they asked me to authorize a new battery. I thought they had battery chargers. Later they called and authorized a rental for 20 days. Now they tell me it needs a new motor due to the radiator and the cost is on me. I have sent certified mail to Dearborn, MI (headquarters) Oct 27 and they maintain they do not have the letter. I can not reach anyone on the phone, nor find an address to send them all the info.