Ford / did not do warranty work

1 Dickinson, TX, United States

Warranty on my pickup was coming due soon and started to have a squealing sound from a pulley and took it in to get fixed. While there I decided to have a couple of other things done that I paid for. When I brought it in the squealing noise was there. The next day a service rep called and tried to get me to have other work done and buy tires. The prices were outrageous so I said no thanks. She started to become I thought testy and just said to fix the problem I brought it in for. She said that the mechanic could not hear a squeal and can't fix it unless he did so and to come pick it up pronto. I did and paid for the two things and went out to wait for my vehicle and the mechanic drove it up to me and it was squealing badly. I told him about it and he said too bad and should have done it when he tried to hear it earlier and handed me my keys. I took it to a mechanic I knew and he opened the hood and said right away he saw it was the tensioner and it was obvious by looking. I paid him to fix it and now the problem is solved. I was leaving town and would not be back before the warranty was up.

This dealership did give me a good deal and liked the salesman when I bought it and can't complain about the sales but if anyone is going to use their service department then they are non existent on that point.

St