Ford / no aftersales service

1 South Africa Review updated:

FORD Focus TDi 1.8. The carpets pulled out from the sides. The inlet manifold had to be replaced (it smoked like an 1840 tractor)

Then on our way to our sons wedding the car went in for replacement of a fog light and new windscreen. (suitcases packed for the journey of 1280 km.
Got the car back. No clutch and the engine made such a noise it sounded like the whole engine was going to land on the tarr road. Took it back but everybody have left. Only car salesman. He refused to let me drive the car it was left at MAZFOR TZANEEN. (Remember we are suppose to leave the next morning).

Next morning the supervisor of the workshop gave us the news. You can not use the car it's gonna leave you on the road. Give us any second hand car we just want to leave and we have planned for this wedding four months in advance. Nope sorry no car you see there is no order. But the car is still under guarantee?? In the meantime they found the flywheel to be the problem. We are stuck. Get a lift go to Pietersburg buy a BMW so that we can leave for the wedding. We are now nearly two days late and our plans down the drain.

Nearly 400km away from home in our new car we get a call. The flywheel do not fit and one will be ordered from overseas and NOW WE CAN HAVE A CAR> No thanks we are on our way.
We got back from the wedding this is now nearly a month and nobody can tell me anything about the car accept that its stripped and in Pretoria. I want a new car please take this one and sell it, nope we will fix it and then you can have it back!! After months of emailing we get the car back and the noise is still there. It's suppose to sound like that. Then our son decided he will buy the car. We paid the bank in the meantime although we had no FORD FOCUS.
Then we had to pay in nearly 20, 000.00 R to get the car off our names.

Our son got an extended warranty... but if we only knew what was coming. Stuck ever so often in traffic day and night. January 2008 the car was taken to Lazarus Motors in Pretoria it's now 2009 and the car is still there. Like us he had to buy a bakkie to get the girls to school and himself to work. No car from FORD why they lost the warranty and refused him a car and they want him to pay for the work. FORD the company with a lot of empty promises... they have robbed us of a lot of money and my son he's in the same boat. FORD SOUTH AFRICA from dear Helen Dube to Bruce to Gavin Golightly (CEO) they do not care... and our son is still paying the bank... I HATE FORD THEY HAVE DONE SO LITTLE TO ASSIST!!!

Comments

• Ki
      28th of Aug, 2008
    Ford - FORD SUCKS!
    FORD
    118 Dodge Way
    Pittsburgh
    Pennsylvania

Ford vehicles are HORRIBLE! They are truly one of the worst investments ever. The cars wear and tear very quickly and just isn’t worth all the drama, not including the finical aspect. From the cars to the dealership service department...SUCKS SO BAD!

3rd of Dec, 2008
    Ford - bad trans on new escape
    New Jersey

Bought a brand new ford escape, at 1, 000 miles the transmission started to slip. It has been in the shop for 7 days now, it seems it already needs a new trans. And we should buy american?

• Es
      28th of Feb, 2009

I am eser aynac─▒.22/ 02/2009 to samsun ford otokoç buying new ford fiesta.Our car damaged after buying ten minutes later.

33 DR 053
    0505 9449096

29th of Jul, 2009
    Ford - No gas cards received
    Mooresville
    North Carolina

We were offered $100 in gas cards for attending a Car Dealer promotion and send the $5 redemption fee also. after mos and never ever received a gift card for my gas. something NEEDS to be done.

• Lj
      21st of Aug, 2009
    Ford - 2002 coil springs
    Ford Motor Company
    New Jersey

It seems there are big problems with all model years of the Taurus with coil springs breaking off. In some cases, causing a lot of damage. There was a recall, but only on model years up to 1999. My car only has 60, 000 miles and they need to all be replace.

Ford needs to step up to the plate and have another recall.

• Wi
      28th of Jun, 2010
    Ford - coastly break downs
    Ford motor company
    Cottonwood
    California

My ford 2004 f250 6.0 dieasl has had on going problems with the turbo egr systems for a long time I was lucky that most of it was under warrenty but the truck only has 84000 miles and no warrenty. just payed for and still having the same problems and they want thousands of dollars for each repair. don't have it.

• Do
      11th of Jul, 2010

Wow, very informative. Really got to the point on this one. By the way, are you 12?

• Gr
      27th of Apr, 2011
    Ford - No response
    India

One of the unprofessional and lazy airways. All are irresponsible staffs. Dont go for Thai Airways. Am working with FORD and i was trying this stupid airways for past 20 days for the date change of my tickets and forwarded lot of emails to them but the email id given in their website is the wrong one and they will not attend the phone calls even in customer care. One of the irritatable airways. Please think before you book your tickets

• Pg
      30th of Jul, 2014
    Ford - tires
    Buhler Ford
    Eatontown
    New Jersey

Right front tire wearing inside and outside edge
    I have complained to Ford Many time about this and I was told its my driving
    Then why is it only happening on one side?

27th of Mar, 2015

The same old story. I bought a Fort Figo Ambiente 1.4, 2015 model from FEDAUTO NEWCASTLE on 26 February 2015. There was a dent on the left front door. The Sales Manager promised to fix it for me and made arrangements with a service provider in Newcastle to fix the dent. He sent the Sales person with me to the place were the dent will be fixed. This was a few days after I received the vehicle. With our arrival the the service provider told me that he can only fix the dent on Saturdays and took my number. I never heard from him since then. I phoned the Service manager at FEDAUTO to report that the service provider never called me back. I called him two times after that to find out what the delay is since there is no progress!! He promised to personally make arrangements to get my car fixed, even if he must sent me to another service provider who can fix the dent. It is now ONE MONTH LATER and the dent is still not fixed and I am still kept in the dark!! On 24 March I decided to rather sell the car!! That is that!! Poor service by excellence!!