Ford / local sa service lets ford down dismally.
I challenge all you Ford lovers, leave a message at your favorite Ford customer service to check if they reply.in my experience no one is ever available and messages are never returned. Possibly there is another number but my advice is not to waste your time phoning the Ford customer service at [protected]. I have left in excess of 10 messages and have yet to have someone return my call. I have asked for the problem to be escalated, and again this is an impossible task. They will not let you get hold of the MD. Either his staff are pulling the wool over his eyes or he doesn’t care to know.
The reason for trying to contact Ford SA customer care was 8 months of chasing after dealers and not getting issues successfully resolved. Now more than 2 months, 5 e-mails and at least 50 calls, all that has happened is that I am frustrated and still have a vehicle that is not operating in the manner that it should.
So let’s get to the problem and as to why I was trying to contact Ford SA. For starters my car, a Terrotory ST, which is the most expensive passenger product that Ford SA offer was in at Fury Ford William Nicol for about 15 working days last year. It would have been longer but the last time, I was scheduled to leave the car for another week, Ford was going to give me a replacement car (The service manager’s car). When I went to drop off the car they had a Fiesta for me but I was told that I would have to sign accepting an excess of R40 000 should anything go wrong – this is totally ridiculous, as I was not taking my vehicle in due to my own fault.
What are the problems that I have been having that they haven’t been able to fix.
• Faulty cruise control, been in 5 times to have this fixed. I finally asked my brother in law to help. He found that the brake light and cruise control switch connected to the brake pedal was faulty and fixed with a piece of cardboard.
• Arm rest fixed twice broken again.
• ‘Clonking’ noise in the front right (Sounds like shock) fixed once re-occurring again.
• The warning signal for the lights has stopped working, I think this is a result of them trying to fix the cruise control.
To add insult to injury this Christmas I was on vacation in Knysna. I checked and there was a local dealer as the car was getting close to its 45 000 service. When I got to Knysna I phoned the dealer to book the car in and was told that the Ford dealer was being bought out and they weren’t taking other bookings. So I was back on the phone to my favorite FORD SA customer service team. I was given 3 stories 1st they were being bought out so weren’t taking other bookings, 2nd they didn’t have parts, 3rd they were fully booked, they could only fit me in on the 6th January (3 weeks lead time). To get to this point took 10 days and as many calls.
Early last year when I got my car back from a service they left me with a dent. I have to wonder is this due to an overfull workshop resulting from their lack of ability to resolve problems.
I don’t know what is worse the dealers inability to fix problems or the Ford customer service department lack of service. The sad thing about this whole lot is that I like the car, but I guess without the back-up of local supplier that is useless.
To tell you the truth I would not buy another Ford even at half the price.
More Ford Complaints & Reviews
- Ford Premium ESP Extended Warranty - deceiving 
- Ford Motor Company - premature tire wear 
- Ford Credit - reposession 
- Ford Motor Company - fusion battery terminal corrosion 
- Ford South Africa - bad service 
- Ford Motor Company - 2019 F-150 Lariat, crew cab with V-6 ECO BOOST engine
- Ford Motor Company - 2017 Ford F150 leaking water on the driverside floor board for the third time
- Ford Motor Company - ford focus cars equipped with dps 6 dual clutch power shift transmission
- Ford Motor Company - made appointment at newins ford after 9hrs nothing was done
- Ford Motor Company - 2012 ford fusion