Fitness First Singapore / Unauthorized charges by neglecting membership cancellation request

Singapore, Singapore
Fitness Frist
Phone: 81234783
To Whom It May Concerns,

I have requested membership cancellation on the month of January to Fitness First. One of the staff from Fitness First Tampines received my request and given me a call. I have informed the staff that I am not convenient to go down personally due to my tight working schedule. I was advised to write in to cancel my membership. I have done what I was told and assure the membership was in the mid of cancelling by their management. I thought it was settled.

Then, I received an email from Fitness First to request me to pay for the membership from February to current month. I find this ridiculous. I called Fitness First Tampines immediately on this issue. As I could not even remember the staff name who I spoke to on January and unable to retrieve the email that I have sent to them via website or phone call recording on the conversation, they require me to pay Feb to current month. If I did not make the payment, they are unable to cancel my membership and continue to charge me. This is totally insane and I felt cheated. Why should I pay for something that I have cancelled? I did not even utilized the gym membership since January.

I need help to stop this insanity from Fitness First.
Please help.