Fitness First Singapore / unauthorized charges by neglecting membership cancellation request

1 Singapore, Singapore
Phone: 81234783

To whom it may concerns,

I have requested membership cancellation on the month of january to fitness first. One of the staff from fitness first tampines received my request and given me a call. I have informed the staff that I am not convenient to go down personally due to my tight working schedule. I was advised to write in to cancel my membership. I have done what I was told and assure the membership was in the mid of cancelling by their management. I thought it was settled.

Then, I received an email from fitness first to request me to pay for the membership from february to current month. I find this ridiculous. I called fitness first tampines immediately on this issue. As I could not even remember the staff name who I spoke to on january and unable to retrieve the email that I have sent to them via website or phone call recording on the conversation, they require me to pay feb to current month. If I did not make the payment, they are unable to cancel my membership and continue to charge me. This is totally insane and I felt cheated. Why should I pay for something that I have cancelled? I did not even utilized the gym membership since january.

I need help to stop this insanity from fitness first.
Please help.