Fitness First Fusionopolis / membership

1 Singapore Review updated:

Following my trainer's resignation from California Fitness, I had signed up for a 2 years membership with Fitness First.<br />
<br />
After 6 months, due to personal reasons, my trainer is forced to resign. I was told that I had to pay $500 termination fee as a penalty shall i decide to give up my membership.<br />
<br />
Now, the difference between a 12mth and 24mth membership is $20(monthly). <br />
Even if they had surcharged me an additional of $20 x 6mths (duration of my membership), it is only $120.<br />
I had made my stand that I do not mind paying a penalty of $200(penalty for a 12 month membership) but $500 is ridiculous.<br />
<br />
I would also like to comment on the professionalism of the Fitness Manager whom, knowing that I was the client of his staff, made several attempts to invite me for swimming sessions. <br />
<br />
I am also amused by the method of dissuasion the General Manager of the club used. She told me that "there are better trainers" other than the one whom i'm currently engaging without giving consideration to the fact that if, without my currently engaged trainer, I wouldn't even have joined the club. <br />
<br />
I had been told that I would be given a response within a week. It has been 11 days now and I am still waiting.<br />
<br />
I see my membership experience with Fitness First a horrible one and would deter anyone from seriously considering a long term membership with them.<br />
Jolin Guo

Comments

• 12
      5th of Jan, 2011

I completely agree. Fitness First has a "Body First" program where they promise a substantial reimbursement when you visit FF for three months a minimum of 8 times a month. Well, we never received it even after documenting every single visit. The management staff of FF Paragon (Orchard Road) was lying to us at several situations.

Think twice if you consider joining Fitness First - it's not worth it.