Fitness First / Charged for ended contract

Aug 13, 2015
Fitness First Saarbrücken
Bahnhofstraße 31, 66111 Saarbrücken
Phone: +49 681 709780
"We are not here to make people happy, we are here to make money" said the customer service of Saarbrücken Fitness First.

I have signed a contract for 6 months with the Fitness First Saarbrücken. Since I was an exchange student who is new in Germany, the membership consultant Nicolina Fabian (43195) spoke to me in English and told me that after my contract ends, I don't need to do anything for cancellation. Two months after my 6 months contract ended, I realized that they were still charging me monthly. When I talked to the customer service and explained the situation, the customer service told me that they need a cancellation letter and even if I sign it today ( two months after my contract ends), I still have to pay three more months to be free from the gym. Upon my request for better informing the new (especially foreign) customers, the customer service told me the following; "We are not here to make people happy, we are here to make money". Don't trust Saarbrücken branch of this company. They lie to you until you sign the contract, and then they never deal with the rest but the money. When I asked her whom to contact to complain, because I don't want to pay for 5 months that I am not using the gym, she said I cannot change anything since they have my signature, and no matter where I complain, they will not be affected by only one single member, and I have to pay in any case.

Fitness First

A  27th of Apr, 2016 by
This is exactly what I had encountered!
The difference is, I actually walked in and given oral cancellation notice 1 month before (required by the contract). However, they did not cancel and did not ask me to sign any cancellation. Until I realized several month later that they're still charging me, and they denied receiving any cancellation notice (MUST BE WRITTEN) before! This is outrageous!

Fitness First Logo Fitness First