Fit Factory / Unauthorized credit card charge

I found an unauthorized charge on my credit card for $29.95 to MYTRAINER8004855175. Calling the number led to a company who called themselves Fit Factory, and who explained that I had signed up for a trial period of some service. Now that the trial period was over I was getting charged.

I don't believe I have ever purchased products from these people ... I don't usually buy health supplements or fitness things ... but other online reports have claimed that when purchasing something, there is a hidden checkbox, checked by default, that signs you up for this trial period.

Customer service at the number explained why I was being charged, and easily started processing a refund when I said I was going to dispute the credit card charge.

Comments

• Je
      30th of Jan, 2009

Ordered a Green Tea Extreme product over a YEAR ago. Received 1 bottle, didn't like it, returned next bottle, got 1 more in the mail, order finally cancelled.

Today I noticed I had a charge on my bankcard for $39.95 (lucky people who only got $19.95) from www.fit-fac.com . You go to that page and it says right on there 'If you have an unrecognized bank charge, call 866-407-1022'. I called the number and they claimed that I didn't 'opt out' of an online 'fitness' service when I ordered the original product, and therefore, by rote, agreed to these monthly charges. They couldn't even tell me what product I originally ordered. www.greenteaextreme.com says they no longer have an affiliation with them and will not help.

Bogus. Supposedly I'm getting my many charges back, per "Amanda Brady" the customer service supervisor. Go for it people! Bug them to get those charges stopped and money back. We'll see if I do ...

• Ka
      27th of Feb, 2009

I sent for a free sample of acai berry and provided my credit card number for payment of postage. I received the sample and called to cancel further shipments. I thought that was the end of it. I have since been charged twice for $29.95 for membership in Fit Factory. I don't even know what that is and have received no services from them. I e-mailed them to send me a refund check but have not heard from them yet. I had to cancel my credit card to avoid further charges. My telephone call to them was frustrating. The agent sounded like she was reading from a script. She said she couldn't refund the charges but would cancel future charges. I am out $59.90 and have nothing in receipt of it. This is fraud as far as I am concerned.

• Dr
      27th of Mar, 2009

Fit Factory charged my Discover Credit card for something I never ordered or received. After calling them, they refused to tell me where they got my credit card number or what I ordered. I think they either
    bought the number from someone or hatched the system.

I looked up the phone number 866-407-1022 on the BBB website and they have an F rating with lots of complaints. I understand why.

• On
      16th of Oct, 2009

Our company represents some of the Fit Factory programs, which may show on a billing statement as MYTRAINER, and I apologize for any misunderstanding that may have occurred.Fit Factory is a companion program that comes with various online health food or dietary supplements and I apologize for any misunderstanding that might have occurred when you purchased your product(s) online.

Fit Factory offers our customers live chat support with licensed Fitness Trainers and Dietitians, flash galleries for yoga and workouts, links to recipes and can also assist with menu planning. This program also offers a variety of diets for special needs that can be customized to fit your nutrition and/or weight loss goals.

All pertinent information about Fit Factory was provided when payment information was entered for your product and before final submission of your order - this provided you access to all the terms and disclosures, as well as Customer service numbers, for greatest support and success with your product.

Customer service for Fit Factory can be reached at 1-877-407-1022 - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

If you are another customer that is reading this and you have already tried customer service, but feel that we have failed you in some way or you feel you weren't treated fairly please call me directly at 435-773-1795, or email me at customerservice@cshelp.org, I will be happy to address your concerns ASAP.

Sincerely,
    Online Customer Support

• Fr
      2nd of Dec, 2009

I ordered Acai from them a year ago. I thought I had cancelled in time. I had not.

In reviewing my past year's bank statements I find that I was charged monthly for the two services at $29.95 plus $1.79. I never received any additional products, had any phone calls or received any newsletters.
    After review of my bank debit card statements (I check very carefully now as my AEX card was hijacked recently); I found that I have been paying for this ripoff service for eleven months! YIKES!

They use multiple accounts to charge my debit card. Among them are HUBHEALTHY (NV), FITFACTORY, MYTRAINER (CA), LIFESTYLEFIT (UT), DMJLIFESTYLEFIT.COM (UT), FITNESSHUB (NV), MYSHIPMYWAY (UT)& SELFHELPFIT (NV).

When will this ever end? Who should a person contact? What state?

Frank - Tallahassee FL