Fisher & Paykel / Substandard Product

1 New South Wales, Australia Review updated:

Purchased a brand new Aquasmart Washing Machine in January 2009 and had nothing but problems. Had called for service man twice to find that the pump in the machine needs replacing. This problem has been ongoing since the first call out and was advised back then my machine was working properly even though I had clothing evidence to prove otherwise. F&P will not replace my machine will only replace pump and I would not have a problem with this if I bought it as a factory second but I paid $1000.00 for a substandard product. Whilst speaking to fisher & paykel staff in the customer care dept who advised that my part had been ordered the staff member even agreed that they would not like it if there machine was only 4 mths old and needed to be repaired yet I am expected to have my 4 month old machine repaired and to cop it sweet. Poor product, poor customer service yet you pay top $$$ for a substandard item.

Kh

Comments

• Lu
      18th of Sep, 2009

I also purchased a washer from Sears and after 1 year machine started to give problems, skiiping cycle, then on stopped working, Had 3 different technicians fom A& E come to the home to repair and after installing a new valve, new board, the machine still won't work. I had 3 technicians four times (same technician came twice), missed 4 days of work, I am spending $20-30 a week in the laundrymat. Fisher and Paykel refuses to replace appliance, now they want me to try a different service provider, in which three of the phones given by customer service rep. and supervisor does not not work.