Fisher & Paykel / Blistered interior, poor performance

Inside of drawer handle blistered - was told by serviceman that dishwashing soap could not be allowed to splash on drawer... all plates etc must be excessively scraped or they do not come clean, there is a plastic "gate" (their terminology) that repeatedly falls into the propeller arm and dishes do not get clean. Water sits in mesh drain basket between loads.

Comments

Do
  19th of May, 2009

I purchased a Fisher & Paykel refrigerator, and checked the exterior prior to delivery. On delivery, the deliver service pointed out there was interior damage to the two runners supporting one of the glass shelves. I took delivery of the refrigerator as we could not go without the appliance. We called the appliance dealer who sent a F&P rep out to inspect the claimed damage. Nothing happened for over a week. They offered to settle for $100-150, which did not cover the cost of the delivery. After two weeks, we have ordered a replacement through the dealer. Our expectation for the settlement was in the order of $300-400 as they will now take the refrigerator and I would asssume sell it as a damaged unit. Repairs are not feasible for this kind of damage because the inside liner is seemless and would need to be removed in entirety.
Lastly, the refrigerator is malfunctioning after 3 weeks of use and we are awaiting stop-gap service. My first-and last F&F applicance to be sure.

Rw
  2nd of Jul, 2009

We just had our F/P refridgerater replaced after 3 weeks, delivered with a dent and ice maker did not work. They were not interested in fixing either problem. Identical replacement refridgerater is so loud we cannot sleep. This company produces absolute junk. I would suggest that no one EVER buy their products!

Kt
  25th of Aug, 2009

i bought a fisher & paykel clothes washer in 2006 and already the computer board needs replacing at a cost of over $300 including service fees - three years is not long for a washer to last -- my previous washer, which was a kenmore, lasted 12 years - amazing how stuff falls apart just as the warranty runs out - i wont be purchasing another

Ji
  17th of May, 2010

I bought a OR36SDBXG1 range in March of 2010. The range was delivered damaged. the bottom of the stove is smashed in as if the stove was dropped during production. the Box and crate looked fine when delivered but the unit was clearly damaged from the factory. I have contacted Fisher/Paykel over 20 times now and have not had one person willing to help me out. The rep says this damage must have been cause by the installation of the stove being drug. I am about to take legal action against Fisher/Paykel. I will never buy another product from this company.