First For Women / Loaded me as a client without my consent

I called the call centre to obtain a quote for insurance from First for Woman. After I received the quote I told the operator that I want to see the details of the insurance contract before I commit to anything. He insisted that he needed by banking details in order to be able to process the quote, otherwise we would need to go through the whole process again (more than 30 minutes) to finalise the contract. I said that's fine but I explicityly told him that I WAS NOT AGREEING TO ANYTHING until such time as I have seen the detailed terms of the policy, which he promised would arrive by mail in 2 weeks. I received the documents the day before the policy became active (activated on 1 october, but I received the documents on 30 September) and to MY HORROR I saw that they said the policy would take effect on 1 October. I immediately called the call centre, called joburg, called accounts and passed around a million times before I got hold of someone who told me they couldn't stop the R1500 being deducted from my account on 1 October. There was never a contract, I did not agree to anything, I haven't heard back or received my money back... so I guess I'll have to take legal steps.

Wa

Comments

• Mb
      1st of Nov, 2010

I had a big problem with 1st for women insurance for almost 4 months with regard to the oustanding parts of my car (boot tray, name tag and stone guard) and the excess recovery. I have been sent from one consultant to the next and told that I will get a feedback of update about the progress and never got ant response till I decided to call back.

What makes things worse is the Empire Panel Beaters in Welkom where my car was fixed, they promised to liaise with the insurance to order the parts and delivered to me in Pretoria - they are also playing the run-around game, just imagine I collected my car in August and till now I'm still waiting for the outstanding parts to be delivered .

The service I'm receiving is very shocking as compared to the huge premium I'm paying every month and this is the type of service I' receiving?