First Data / cancellation fee after term of contract

PO Box 5180Simi Valley, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-877-274-7915

Called them to cancel my account after noticing some absurd fees like customer service fee $9.99, they told me i wasn't under contract anymore but that they would charge me a $75 fee for cancellation, iam pissed off!!!
Fh

Comments

Gs
  7th of Oct, 2008
First Data is a thief as per me. I rather not have credit cards on my website or make people use Paypal.

They charged me a one time fee for $119 for customer service fee (annual fee).

The lady on the phone said it is in my contract.
Wonderful.
Ju
  10th of Oct, 2008
I had the same problem, except I called to cancel in September but they seem to have NO record of that, so now I have acrued the fee, on top of return check fees because I no longer have the account it was tied to. After speaking with the supervisor about the problem, and getting no where, I was told that there was no one "higher" I could speak with and the fee was nonrefundable. I was also told I am required to sign a cancellation notice, which I was not informed of in September when I thought I had successfully cancelled my account. I was also told that "that was in my contract". I requested a copy be faxed and mailed, I still have not received a fax so I have NO IDEA how I can successfully cancel my account and avoid further charges. It's a complete scam!
Ro
  10th of Nov, 2008
First Data is quick on the monthly service charge, but no one in customer service has any authority to discuss these "complaince" fees and where it is written that there is a $75 cancellation fee.
This is bull ###. THESE PEOPLE SHOULD BE PUT OUT OF BUSINESS. SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS WAKE UP AND SAY TO HELL WITH CREDIT CARDS
Pa
  18th of Nov, 2008
Has anyone else seen the "Annual Compliance Service Fee" for $119.75 on their October 2008 statement? There has got to be a way to get out from under these thugs. Legal thugs they are.
Ma
  16th of Jan, 2009
This company is the biggest SCAM, and most unethical organization I have ever dealt with. I represent a NON profit organization with minimal cash flow. I went to cancel my account after a year long contract, and absurd fees started coming to light. Fee's such as $75 cancellation fee even though my contract has expired, they supposedly sent me a notification in the mail stating my fee's will be increased 200 %, which I never got.. I never received and email, phone call. or any other notification.

This company is similar to the Bernie Madoff and Ken Lay...

Never use them.

Disgruntled user..
  26th of Jan, 2009
They are definitely a rip-off company! I am presently filing complaints with the Attorney General Ofiices in Florida, Colorado and California. I plan on filing a complaint in every state that they do business and eventually in other countries. I f all of us would do like wise, there will be enough attention to hurt them in the market and make them change the way they do business and hurt people.

Leslie Winget
  26th of Jan, 2009
First Data Leasing NO GOOD and RIP-OFF!
Vi
  10th of May, 2009
Check your credit report... First Data destroyed my credit!!! They might of done it to you too...
Make sure you pull your credit report... If your situation is anything like what I experienced with First Data, then you should check your credit report. My story can be found on NewLawsNow.com ... Good luck...
Ro
  9th of Oct, 2009
I have been with them for over 10 years and all of this started in the last year or so since they were sold to a private company. Yes, they will take money any time they feel like it out of your account without notice. If you try to do a stop payment on them they will just send it again with added fees with a different name so you have to keep spending more money on stop payments for different names. Then when you call them they will tell you they need written notice to close the account and tell you to fax it to some non existent fax number and keep taking money out until you have to close the account and start a new one. DO NOT EVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
  8th of Mar, 2010

Go to this twitter link and retweet our post. We will let everyone know about their practices.
Mo
  31st of Mar, 2011
Just so everyone knows: PCI Compliance is real, and as a business owner you are required to be compliant; read PCI DSS as part of the amended FACTA resolution at www.ftc.gov. (I'm sure you've already read this as you are a business owner) This Federal Act mandates compliance of everyone that handles a credit card. And you will be charged a fee by First Data, North American Bancard, RBS Link, Chase PaymentTech and every single other processor in the US. So good luck avoiding that.
On another note; you obviously do not know who First Data is; First Data is the First credit card processor and owns the Omaha Network. So everytime you get a direct deposit, one of your checks gets sent as an ACH, or even when you are a consumer at a restaurant swiping your card; First Data processes the transaction. Every single credit, debit or ACH is handled on First Data's network. They are the "China" of processing, they sell their processing to every other processor in America. So your complaints, are a jolly laugh. Go somewhere else they don't care, your new processing company has to get their processing from First Data anyway.
El
  24th of Aug, 2011
im doing research on first data on wiether their ethics ar corrrect or incorrect and your info has helped me to make a diecison thank you very much.
La
  11th of Apr, 2017
I totally agree with all these people that got taken advantage by First Data .My story is similar . How can a company get away with this ? Why doesn't the USA do something about this? I'm ok if my credit goes bad because of this company if that's all that can happen 😔

First Data Logo First Data