First Data Independent Sales / Excessive/hidden fees

United States Review updated:

This company bought out Credit Card Services and began charging excessive/hidden fees. Try a one time $120 annual fee plus minimum fees plus monthly cart and added service fees. They also charges a $75 account closing fee. I won't even mention the quality of customer service, except that it fits in with the rest of the company policy. I switched over to Newtek who had been hosting my website for a number of years and reduced my processing costs 75%.

Do

Comments

• Sh
      3rd of Feb, 2010

The First Data Independent Sales network are a bunch of fraudster who promise what they can not deliver. They promised to get me approved for a merchant account to receive credit card payments. I was charged two months charges upfront before they can process my application. They came back with another condition that they will hold 15% of whatever comes into my account as collateral which i refused to accept. As such, they will not refund my two months charge they got upfront. No service was rendered to me and I was made to part with my hard earned money as a small business owner, I will ask potential business owners to stay away from this fraudsters. They will lure you to help your business grow and turn around to milk you of your hard earned money. Shame on you mark, cantu, sherrie, daniel and First Data Independent Sales network .

• Kr
      11th of Feb, 2011

I signed up to have the ability to accept credit cards for my business. As the months went by I realized that the buisness I bought into was a scam and could not unload the $2, 500.00 of inventory that I purchased not to mention all the lead materials. So when I called to cancel my account with first data independent sales; the one that I have never used not only did I get charged a full month since I cancelled on the 5th of the month but also a $30.00 cancellation fee that the rep on the phone said that he would waive. When I called back the reps notes did not match our conversation at all and First Data Independent Sales would not refund me any money. I can see why people complain and agree completely poor customer service. Complete scam and rip off of money... I can see why so many people have turned to paypal.

• Ne
    Moorpark
    California
    Phone: 805-378-3900
    first-data.com

This contract was for a 1 DAY rental of credit card machines and credit card processing. The contract and the sales person, Carlos, say nothing about the additional and excessive fees I would be charged even though we went over the costs of the rental. Now I am also getting monthly fees drafted out of my bank account because they say I signed a 12 month contract. I was told this is a temporary contract to cover the 1 day rental. I did not sign the actual contract and asked him directly if this was in fact for the 1 day and not 12 months. He said yes it is a temporary contract for the 1 day rental. I have spoken with Carlos multiple times regarding the closure of this account. Each time he says it is closed and each time it has not been closed. Now I am told I have to close the account through a different department that handles merchant services and that the sales person cannot cancel an account for a customer. I have sent in the requested fax, twice, to cancel the account and now they tell me there will be a $500 early termination fee!