First American Home Warranty / Do Not Do Business With This Company!!!!!!

1 P.O. Box 10180Van Nuys, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1.800.444.9030

NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!! 4 plumbers visits and an electrician visit and I still don’t have hot water after over a month from the initial claim filing. Now they are saying that the unit was installed improperly outdoors and wasn’t maintained, but I checked the tankless heater installation manual online, and everything was done properly.

The service is terrible, it takes months to get resolution on claims, and they’ll just lie to you to keep from having to pay for repairs or (god forbid!) replacement. Meanwhile they’ve paid to have 5 contractors come and look at the problem, file reports, and still haven’t fixed the problem. If they sent a competent plumber the first time, perhaps they’d be willing to pay, but now I think they’re trying to cut their losses for their own bad management and incompetent contractors! I REPEAT, NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Vi
      24th of Mar, 2009

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!!! HOW CAN A COMPANY LIKE THEM GET AWAY WITH SCAMMING PEOPLE! !!!
    We bought a house last year and we were referred a real estate agent, paid her the money top sign up. we had a clogged pipe and my husband removed the sink to see where the problem was, and it turned out it was the pipe inside the wall. We called, filed a claim and this abrasive, rude rep/wanna be manager who did not wanted to listen to our story told my husband he tempered with the pipe therefore they would not want to repair it and declined the claim.

• Bi
      25th of Feb, 2009

3 weeks ago my heating system started making loud noises and I called my home warranty company (Nationwide home warranty) to have someone come out and fix the noise. Nationwide home warranty send out a technician who looked and decided to be replaced some parts. The technician called nationwide home warranty and discussing the issue with nationwide home warranty come in and said that they would need maintenance record for the heating system before approving the repairs. I just bought house 5 years ago after that I never done any repair, every month I changed filter my self, now, how do I provide them maintenance record. Now they denied the claim because there is no maintenance record. Now I don’t have enough money to fix my heating system, I’m leaving without heat. This Nationwide home warranty company has terrible service and makes it a practice to make repairs difficult or impossible to discourage payouts. Please stay away from Nationwide home warranty company, find some other which is more reputable. I paid them $488.78 for nothings. This company rep off me.