First American Home Warranty / Incompetent plumbers and customer support staff

Had problem with a leaky faucet and hot water shut off valve. One plumber that insurance company sent couldn't remove the faucet and wanted to charge extra $90 to cut it off. Second plumber they sent said he can remove the faucet but can't do the work unless the shut off valve is change first - he cannot shut off the water by shutting off the main line, imagine that. Note, both plumbers had very heavy eastern European accent and was very hard to understand them.

Call the insurance company to work out the issue with the plumbers was completely useless. The agents haven't the slightest idea about what is going on, they just keep spouting that "our licensed plumbers said this and that". Kept getting facts mixed up. I talked to 3 of them and they all sounded like robots.

So, I did the work myself - was able to remove the old faucet (had no rust or corrosion) and put a new one in, and changed the shut off valve. Everything that the plumbers said they couldn't do unless I pay them more money.

What a scam.
I am

Comments

• Ou
      22nd of Jul, 2011

You shouls of did what I did. They told me the earliest they could have someone come out would be was almost 2 weeks away. I told them that the problem was causing additional damage and that they better hurry out. They told me that if I could find a licensed, bonded, certified plumber willing to do the work at the prices they have posted on the internet. That they would allow him to do the work, but that if he charged any more than that I would have to pay the differrence. So I found someone and we had the job finished the next day. They just don't want to spend the time required to find anyone. It's like they are under staffed or something.