First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation / Extremely bad service/ ripoff

1 P.O. Box 10180Van Nuys, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1.800.444.9030

Very bad service and incompetence all over the place. They do an extremely poor job with follow up and documenting their service tickets. The reps sometimes don't make any notes about your calls! I am now on my second claim and see the same pattern repeated. The first time I was without A/C for 2 weeks in the middle of the summer during a heat wave, now I am waiting a week for refrigerator! I can only warn: don't sign up with this company. I will not extend my coverage.

Th

Comments

2nd of Jul, 2008

I totaly agree this company has the worse service!!!
    I have been waiting for 3 weeks now to have my A/C to be replace and still no call from anybody from this company nor the contractor. Every time I have called for status, I stay on the phone for over an hour and still no answer to my problem!!!

15th of Jul, 2008

I just had a stopped up sink that my a/c condensation line ran to. The condensation was overflowing over the sink. They made me two claims, 1 for the plumbing and 1 for the a/c. The a/c guy showed up first. and checked the freon, and stated my unit was never cleaned and needed to be replaced. He asked for his $60 and denied the claim. The plumber showed up and fix the condensation line for the a/c guy and repaired the plumbing and didn't even want his $60 check. I think the a/c guy sabatoged my unit by release the freon. It immediately started to feel hot that evening and by today its roasting. I have my own tech coming out to take a look at what might have happened. He even stated that some a/c guys do this old trick. I have already alerted First American and they are supposed to send another tech out. TO be Cont.

• Sh
      3rd of Aug, 2009

Every time we call in a claim on this company the service is irreprehensible. We are now waiting on a hot water heater that was supposed to be in last week and oh guess what they sent it to the wrong address...yeah right. I have gotten where I do not believe a word they say. Every time you call them you are contradicted and told another story. I have never dealt with a home warranty company before but if this is any indication of how they operate then you can count me out in the the future. No hot water for over a week now.