First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation / They lie to you - not everything is covered.

Van Nuys, CA, United States Review updated:

On Aug 25th, a repair serviceman appointed by First American looked at my heating unit and told me that he could not fix because it was still under warranty. I had to pay $55 just for this person to tell me he couldn't help me. Then I called First American. I was told that I should call the company covering the warranty to get it fixed. When asked if I have to pay another $55 to that company, I was told that I only pay $55 for each claim. Everything above that would be paid by First American. I sent my invoices on 09/05/08 to dicsover few days later they didn't have it. So I faxed these again, only to discover on 10/7/08 that they still haven't been processed. The CSA I spoke to (Carolina) said she had no idea why this wasn't processed. Today morning I received a call from them saying they will only pay for $165 from the total of $279.05. When I asked if they had a complaints department, the person I spoke with told me that they didn't have a complaints department and I could only talk to her. She would not let me speak and hung up on me.

I tried to register a complaint on their website but there is no link to do that. You can only register service calls.

Comments

1s
  15th of Jan, 2013
They have the worst customer service ever. I've opened a claim Monday early morning. They say the field tech will contact me to schedule an appointment. No one ever called me. Tech shows up unexpected Tuesday noon. He takes the $60 copay and leaves and doesn't ever call back for updates, nothing! He's supposed to fix the water heater AND garbage disposal and claimed he was never informed about the garbage disposal. I spoke to 4 diff agents to confirm if 2 services will be done under one copay, they all said YES. The other reason I called 4 different agents during a 3 day period is because First Home never calls me to update what's going on because the contractor has never called me either. It was a phone chasing game. Had to repeat my story over and over to 4 different agents, 3 other supervisors just to follow up on my claim. Then to find out later at the 5th day that not everything is covered and will have to pay $900 out of pocket. I pay every month for years and the one time i call for a claim, I experience the WORST communication there is AND I have to pay extra out of pocket after years of paying on time. Earthquake straps for a water heater are only $15-20. They were charging me $100 AND MORE DOWN THE LIST. For my first claim, I basically will pay $3, 000 for the water heater because of the 24 months I've been paying them monthly on PLUS the extra $900 out of pocket. Insurance and warranty companies are the worst corrupt businesses. They rob you more than helping you.

First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation Logo First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation
Overall Satisfaction Rating