Firestone Complete Auto Care / lock cylinder replacement
I had a lock cylinder and housing replaced there and was charged $550 for the part alone. I looked online and found one for $112 which is about five times the price they charged me. The sales rep said that they install manufacturer approved parts only. The part I saw online was an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) made by Genuine Auto Parts. I appealed to the company and they had the Customer Service manager contact me and he insisted that the part cost was legitimate to which I replied that I, honestly don't believe him. I was an easy mark or target. I had to be towed in so I was stuck. My total bill which included labor and a new tire was $950. That's no typo. They, also, conveniently neglected to give me the 5% Geico discount and they added a $10 insurance charge for the tire which I never agreed to. They did adjust the bill for those latter "mistakes" but I was ripped off on part. The only good that came out of it is that I can warn consumers not to do business at this Firestone. I can only imagine what scams they run on little old ladies.
More Firestone Complete Auto Care Complaints & Reviews
- Firestone - overcharge/not living up to warranty 
- Firestone Complete Auto Care - overcharging and hiding 
- Firestone Complete Auto Care - managers lie to you and employees 
- Firestone - manager 
- Firestone Service Center - overcharge 
- Firestone Complete Auto Care - worst tire installation service ever
- Firestone Complete Auto Care - intentional damage
- Firestone - they are snakes looking for alot of money from innocent, yet naive victims
- Firestone Complete Auto Care - overheating vehicle.
- Firestone Complete Auto Care - customer service