Finish Line / non approved charges

Staten Island Mall, Staten Island, NY, United States Review updated:

I bought a pair of sneakers in April of 2011. Come to find out in July of 2011 I was signed up for a Sports illustrated subscription. When I saw the charges on my credit card I called them to find out how this subscription happened. They told me I signed up for a promotion from Finish Line the sneaker store. I never signed up for any promotion not did I speak to anyone about this at the time. This is a scam. I paid with a credit card and then they signed me up for recurring charges for the magazine. This is a poor business practice and I hope everyone avoids shopping there. They lost a customer for life!!!

Comments

• Ir
      Aug 11, 2011

I forgot to add, I would like to file a class action law suit against Finish Line due to these practices. Comment if you are interested. Doing research to find out how to go about doing this. These companies need to understand they can't do this and get away with it.

• Dj
      Jun 03, 2012

they also did that to me. bought a pair of sneakers for my cousin last January 2012 then they asked me if i wanted a FREE Sports illustrated subscription. all of the sudden i was wondering why is there a $49 charge on my card when i didn't even sign up for this!

• Re
      Feb 12, 2013

I was also charged $49.95 for a subscription, yet when I call their customer service they do not even have my address on file...so how can I be subscribed if you don't even have an account for me??? My bank won't reverse the charges because they say it was a pre-authorized charge, I plan on switching banks also. Please let me know what you find out about the class action law suit. My email is [protected]@yahoo.com.