FIDOcustomer relations

I have been a FIDO member since 2015. I was on a special plan that gave me 1 GB +1 GB data. I received a text in September 2016 asking me if I wanted to add an extra bonus data of 1 GB on top of my current plan. I said yes and I got a confirmation that my extra 1GB is now active. I was under the impression that I'm getting 3GB now until I was charged overage charges. Upon calling the Customer Service I was told I will get the overage charges adjusted but I will have to pay overages for any additional data I will use untill the end of my billing cycle. The reason given to me was that the extra 1GB was just a renewal of the promotion that I was on when I first got the FIDO connection. I asked to be connected to customer relations so that I could file a complaint against the misleading text msg that I got from FIDO asking me if I wanted an extra 1GB for free on top of my current plan making it sound like I will now have 3 GB data. Nowhere was I intimated in the text that my previous 1GB extra was getting expired. THE CR representative that spoke with me (Katherine ID 969047) said the same thing and said if I had to use more data I will need to pay overage charges and she could not assist me in getting a top up. I asked for a Supervisor and post being on hold for close to 15 mins, I was informed that Supervisor won't come on to speak with me as He/She would tell me the same thing. Upon my protest, I was rudely informed that 'Do I even read my bills?'

My complaint is that I am utterly disappointed in the fact that because of FIDO's misleading msg I can't use data for the next 10 days without being charged overages and the Customer Relations Representative was so rude to me. If you don't resolve my complaint now and refuse to address the fraudulent and misleading text msg, I will have no other option but to pursue legal options to define my consumer rights and highlight your department's indifference towards my request.

• Fido Customer Care's Response, Jan 19, 2017

Hi Shanat, Rachel here from Fido,
    I'll be happy to go over your account and look into this with you to see what happened. I'll send you a private message so I can get your information to start with and we'll take it from there.
    Hope to hear from you soon!
    -Rachel

• Updated by Shanat Paul, Jan 19, 2017

Thank you Rachel. I've had a couple of voice messages from a FIDO Manager in response to my concern. My preferred way of communication was mentioned as email in my complaint as my phone is switched off when I'm at work.

I'm Off today and available till 01:00 PM today or after 6:00 pm. Otherwise I'm available on phone prior to 12:30 pm any day.

Thanks.